Supervises the shift operations of EVS Heavy Duty Cleaners and Light Duty Cleaners. Enters work records appropriately and completes the appraisals and development plans of subordinates. Inspects individual employee performance against standards to assure cleaning for guests and creates an excellent working environment for employees.
- Conduct Performance Reviews in accordance with policies and procedures; provide feedback; coaching and development guidance as needed.
- Respond to and handle employee complaints (grievances) in a timely and efficient manner.
· Responsible for planning, supervising and monitoring the work of the team members in assigned area(s).
· Responsible for cleanliness, sanitation and comfortable surroundings of all guests and co-worker's facilities during scheduled shift.
· Maintains and controls department inventory, i.e.; paper goods, chemicals, equipment.
· Responsible for providing employees with on-going feedback related to performance. Writes and delivers annual PAR's.
- Conducts tours of all work areas and public areas, identifying and correcting any deficiencies.
- Must be able to complete work assignments with little direct supervision.
· Demonstrates expertise in all service standards and clearly communicates expectations to team members.
· Rigorously hold all team members accountable for exhibiting all service standards at all times and ensure they know the value that these behaviors create for the guests, employees and Company
· Models a passion for the Company mission, vision and values as well as inspiring team members to do the same.
· Executes the Service Recovery model at a proficient level as well as ensuring all team members are empowered to efficiently utilize the tools of the service recovery model.
· Must be an expert on how customer service is measured and be able to articulate service scores to team members.
· Must be an effective coach and developer of team members by using the leader coaching skills to get, guide and root for employees.
· Works to improve service breakdowns to minimize or prevent impact to our guests and/or employees.
· Creates onboarding training experiences for new hires to set them up for success.
· Creates and update training and development tools
· Motivates the team to work toward peak performance
· Consistently manages employee labor through efficient scheduling and staffing to business volume and demand
· Demonstrates ways of reducing cost when executing on inventories and ordering
· Must think creatively and innovatively to identify cost savings opportunities at all times
· Train department trainers to execute top notch training for new hires
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
· Responsible for interviewing, training, and selecting employees for the department
· Review, analyze and make recommendations with respect to wage increases; promotions; or demotions as needed.
· Responsible for monitoring legal compliance with federal, state and gaming laws.
· Coordinates shift activities of assigned areas to support goals and objectives of other departments in the casino.
· Maintains daily shift log indicating, but not limited to, employee incidents, irregularities that may arise and information necessary to the successful conduct of subsequent shifts.
· Performs the duties of Cleaning Specialists, HD Cleaners, Pool Attendants, GRA's, & Housepersons in the event of staffing shortages or emergency situations.
· Adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies
· Performs other duties as assigned
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
· Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English
· Successful completion of the Supervisor Leadership Assessment Program (SuperLAP) is required
· Excellent interpersonal, customer service, team building and problem solving skills are required
· Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
· Must be proficient in Computer software to include Word and Excel
· Highly motivated and self-directed
· Must demonstrate the ability to calmly handle stressful situations and be willing to work any day and any shift
· Must present a well-groomed appearance
· Must be able to make rational decisions when handling guest and employee conflicts
· Ability at attend to details when inspecting rooms
· Must possess the ability to guide, direct and train employees
· Must be able to assess guest needs
· Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino including up and down stairs and reach above shoulder level.
· Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, lie on back and climb ladders in the execution of normal duties.
· Must be able to push, pull and lift weight up to 75 pounds (proper training techniques for lifting will be provided).
· Must be able to see small objects in poorly lit area.
· Must possess coordination and dexterity to work with hand and power tools.
· Must be able to tolerate areas containing varying noise and temperature levels, illumination, vibration, crowds, and areas with second hand smoke
· Must be able to work at a fast pace, efficiently.
· Must be able to respond to visual, olfactory and aural cues
· Must be able to stand and walk for the entire shift.Must be able to operate in mentally and physically stressful situations