Supervises the shift operations of EVSHeavy Duty Cleaners and Light Duty Cleaners. Enters work records appropriately and completes the appraisals anddevelopment plans of subordinates. Inspects individual employee performance against standards to assurecleaning for guests and creates an excellent working environment for employees.
- Conduct Performance Reviews in accordance with policies and procedures; provide feedback; coaching and development guidance as needed.
- Respond to and handle employee complaints (grievances) in a timely and efficient manner.
· Responsible forplanning, supervising and monitoring the work of the team members in assignedarea(s).
· Responsible forcleanliness, sanitation and comfortable surroundings of all guests andco-worker's facilities during scheduled shift.
· Maintains andcontrols department inventory, i.e.; paper goods, chemicals, equipment.
· Responsible forproviding employees with on-going feedback related to performance. Writes and delivers annual PAR's.
- Conducts tours of all work areas and public areas, identifying and correcting any deficiencies.
- Must be able to complete work assignments with little direct supervision.
· Demonstratesexpertise in all service standards and clearly communicates expectations toteam members.
· Rigorously holdall team members accountable for exhibiting all service standards at all timesand ensure they know the value that these behaviors create for the guests,employees and Company
· Models a passionfor the Company mission, vision and values as well as inspiring team members todo the same.
· Executes theService Recovery model at a proficient level as well as ensuring all teammembers are empowered to efficiently utilize the tools of the service recoverymodel.
· Must be an experton how customer service is measured and be able to articulate service scores toteam members.
· Must be aneffective coach and developer of team members by using the leader coachingskills to get, guide and root for employees.
· Works to improveservice breakdowns to minimize or prevent impact to our guests and/or employees.
· Createsonboarding training experiences for new hires to set them up for success.
· Creates andupdate training and development tools
· Motivates theteam to work toward peak performance
· Consistentlymanages employee labor through efficient scheduling and staffing to businessvolume and demand
· Demonstrates waysof reducing cost when executing on inventories and ordering
· Must thinkcreatively and innovatively to identify cost savings opportunities at all times
· Train departmenttrainers to execute top notch training for new hires
· Responsible forinterviewing, training, and selecting employees for the department
· Review, analyzeand make recommendations with respect to wage increases; promotions; ordemotions as needed.
· Responsible formonitoring legal compliance with federal, state and gaming laws.
· Coordinates shiftactivities of assigned areas to support goals and objectives of otherdepartments in the casino.
· Maintains dailyshift log indicating, but not limited to, employee incidents, irregularitiesthat may arise and information necessary to the successful conduct ofsubsequent shifts.
· Performs theduties of Cleaning Specialists, HD Cleaners, Pool Attendants, GRA's, &Housepersons in the event of staffing shortages or emergency situations.
· Adheres toregulatory, departmental and company policies
· Performs otherduties as assigned
· High schooldiploma or equivalent is required.
· Must have atleast 1-year previous housekeeping or related experience required.
· Successfulcompletion of the Supervisor Leadership Assessment Program (SuperLAP) isrequired.
· Casinohousekeeping experience preferred
Therequirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilityrequired to fulfill the obligations of this position.
· Must be able tospeak, read, write and understand English
· Successfulcompletion of the Supervisor Leadership Assessment Program (SuperLAP) isrequired
· Excellentinterpersonal, customer service, team building and problem solving skills arerequired
· Strong writtenand verbal communication skills are required
· Must beproficient in Computer software to include Word and Excel
· Highly motivatedand self-directed
· Must demonstratethe ability to calmly handle stressful situations and be willing to work anyday and any shift
· Must present awell-groomed appearance
· Must be able tomake rational decisions when handling guest and employee conflicts
· Ability at attendto details when inspecting rooms
· Must possess theability to guide, direct and train employees
· Must be able toassess guest needs
· Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in allsituations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
· Must be able towork a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Thephysical demands described here are representative of those that must be met byan employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able tomaneuver to all areas of the casino including up and down stairs and reachabove shoulder level.
· Must be able tostand, stoop, bend, lie on back and climb ladders in the execution of normalduties.
· Must be able topush, pull and lift weight up to 75 pounds (proper training techniques forlifting will be provided).
· Must be able tosee small objects in poorly lit area.
· Must possesscoordination and dexterity to work with hand and power tools.
· Must be able totolerate areas containing varying noise and temperature levels, illumination,vibration, crowds, and areas with second hand smoke
· Must be able towork at a fast pace, efficiently.
· Must be able torespond to visual, olfactory and aural cues
· Must be able tostand and walk for the entire shift.
· Must be able tooperate in mentally and physically stressful situations
Preference is given to Ak-Chincommunity members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of allresponsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditionsassociated with the job. While this is intended to be an accuratereflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise thecurrent job or to require that other or different tasks be performed whencircumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rushjobs or technical developments).