Events, Promotions & Entertainment Supervisor
Join the team that puts fun first. At Harrah's Ak-Chin, making grown-ups smileand play is what we do best, which is why we stack our dream team withpassionate, energetic employees. Creativity, innovation and inspiration welcome.
The Events and PromotionsSupervisor plays a key role in the supervision of all Harrah's Ak-Chin events, promotionsand entertainment. This position isresponsible for supervising a team of Events, Promotions and EntertainmentCoordinators and Associates with the dual purpose of providing a positiveimpact on guest relationships and increasing profitability.
· Responsible forinterviewing, training, and selecting employees for the department.
· ConductsPerformance Reviews in accordance with policies and procedures; providesfeedback; coaches and provides guidance as needed; schedules staff toappropriate levels.
· Exhibits sound,decision-making qualities; motivates personnel and exhibits effective supervisoryskills.
· Recommends ortakes appropriate action when administering disciplinary processes inaccordance with established policies and procedures.
· Responsiblefor fostering a positive and fun environment for employees to grow, ensuringfairness and consistency.
· Supervises executionand coordination of all events, promotions and entertainment of Harrah'sAk-Chin conducted by events, promotions and entertainment coordinator(s) andpromotions associate(s).
· Responsible fortracking all request form submissions by events and promotions coordinator(s).
· Achieves resultsthrough events, promotions and entertainment coordinator(s) and promotionsassociate(s).
· Worksclosely with all departments, as needed, through supervision of thecoordination of logistical support for all project execution stages.
· Responsible for useof supplied tools to accurately track by event: finances, guest counts,regulatory approvals and more.
· Maintainsdepartmental budget through continuous creative development of programs,activities, inventory, stocking, auditing, and operational control.
· Ensures alldepartment's policies & procedures are up to date, suggests revisions andupdates to events, promotions and entertainment manager.
· Ensures events,promotions and entertainment coordinators and associates follow accurate andefficient processes for guest registration, tracking & reporting (e.g.offer codes, swipes at events, scorekeeping at tournaments, etc.)
· Establishes andrecommends procedure changes and improvements that ensure proper accountabilitywhile improving service, accuracy and speed; embraces the spirit of the"Business Process Improvement" concept.
· Ensurescommunication and adherence to department and company programs, policies andprocedures.
· Constantlyseeks ways to improve Total Service scores for both department and entireproperty; provides outstanding guestservice at all times.
· Communicatesall relevant information to co-workers and management to maintain consistencyand avoid service breakdowns.Assists events, promotions and entertainment managerwith strategic calendar planning
· High School Diploma or GED required
· 3-4 yearsexperience in Marketing or equivalent experience required.
· Prior EventsPlanning experience preferred.
The requirements listed arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill theobligations of this position.
· Must demonstrate skill in public speaking, both on and off a microphone,with charisma, clarity and a professional demeanor.
· Possess anenthusiastic attitude and engaging approach.
· Extrovert, quickand critical thinker, witty, personable andarticulate.
· Possess theability to interact effectively and make connections with people of differentage groups and demographics.
· Can plan andpromote activities and events; and upsell revenue-generating experiences.
· Experienced inbudget development, management and accounting procedures.
· The ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English isrequired; other languages are preferred.
· Passionate abouthospitality, entertainment and customer-service driven.
· Willing and able to demonstrate reading, writing and technical skillsas part of application process.
· Undergoes pre-employmentscreening and selection process.
· Must have intermediate to advanced PC skills, including but not limitedto use and navigation of Microsoft© Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.),web-based applications and other software systems.
· Must be able to demonstrate technical aptitude on custom Harrah'ssoftware, including but not limited to APS, EMS, LMS, and CMS, as part ofapplication process, or within six months of hire.
· Must be able to demonstrate mathematical aptitude towards Arizonaapproved games of chance, and basic probability and statistics as applicable tocomprehension of promotional games of chance, as part of application process,or within six months of hire.
· Must be able to supervise multiple projects simultaneously.
· Must be able to makerational decisions, act quickly & solve problems in a timely manner.
· Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in allsituations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Able to lift and/or carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
· Able to correspond via telephone and e-mail in a fast-pacedenvironment.
· Able to respond to visual and auditory cues.
· Able to continuously maneuver including the ability to bend, crouch,kneel, and twist, in both an office setting at a desk, and while in front of orinteracting with guests.
· Must have the manual dexterity required to manipulate props, equipment,prizes, etc. with safety as a top priority while interacting with guests.
· Must possess outgoing personality and be able to greet guests in acourteous and friendly manner.
· Must be able to get along well with co-workers and work as a team.
· Must be able to hold and operate a ticket scanning device during theassigned shifts.
· Must be able to move quickly around entire property and stand for longperiods of time.
· Must be fluent in English.
· Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions whenhandling customer needs and concerns while maintaining an upbeat and positiveattitude.
· Must be able to work in areas containing second hand smoke.
· Must be able to work in noisy environment.
· Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including but not limited tonon-standard shift times, lengths and days off.
· Must be able to work and stand outside, sometimes in heat in excess of115 degrees.
· Must be able to work independently.
· Must be able to push or pull up to 150 pounds.
· Must be able to see and remember the specific details of incidents andpersons.
We operate in a 24/7 environment thatcontinuously operates year-round and that is driven by the needs of ourcustomers and guests. The nature of thisrole requires working a non-traditional schedule in order to successfullyexecute activities and programs and create a world-class experience for ourguests