Events, Promotions & Entertainment Coordinator- Event- Full Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in:
- Budgeting of yearlong calendar of promotions, events and entertainment by tracking all project data, including but not limited to response rates, expense documents, invoice submissions.
- Conception and planning of yearlong calendar by tracking and submitting accurate feedback on all events, promotions and entertainment performances.
- Coordinating with Planning and Analysis to generate event, promotion and entertainment PRO and POST formas.
- Is Directly Responsible for:
- Execution of all events, promotions on/off the property.
- Very detailed and thorough planning of all events and promotions.
- Very detailed and thorough advancement of all entertainment acts and performances.
- Preparation, review and submission of all event, promotion, entertainment internal controls including but not limited to promotional rules, Tribal Gaming Agency notifications, requests and other regulations.
- Preparation, accuracy, review and proofing of all events, promotion & entertainment creative and copy including but not limited to creative assignment forms, invitations, e-mails and other marketing assets.
- Use of supplied tools to accurately track the following: finances, guest counts and regulatory approvals.
- Keeping all event & entertainment folders up to date, responsible for submitting all request forms in a timely manner.
- Keeping all event & entertainment checklists up to date and adhering to set timelines.
- Clear and timely coordination of both volunteer and on-call employee labor, as appropriate.
- Providing accurate processing of all applicable prize documentation including but not limited to forms 1099, W2-G, Bank Secrecy Act documentation, Prize Logs, MTL reporting, etc..
- Accurately communicating all project details / plans to the events, promotions and entertainment team according to all departmental processes, regarding guest registration and tracking procedures, including but not limited to offer codes, response rates, promotions & entertainment using compliance and regulatory approved software programs.
- Is expected to communicate with other departments in a detail-oriented and timely manner:
- Finance and Direct Mail departments in support of production of budgets, proformas, and analyses;
- Communications department and Direct Mail for the production of direct mail and collateral for events, promotions and entertainment.
- Purchasing department by suggesting and purchasing (when approved) supplies, gifts, prizes, awards, decor, and equipment from approved vendors.
- Gaming Operations for the execution of tournaments and applicable promotions.
- Corporate Promotions for assisting in setting up offers in applicable promotions software.
- Hotel Management for room blocks associated with events, promotions and entertainment.
- Food, Beverage and Sales for use of banquet and other public space, and for coordination of event setup, equipment, service, and menus, etc.
- IT for technical support in execution of events & entertainment; contingency IT program planning.
- Facilities for environmental, cleaning, and maintenance support.
- Casino Cage for ensuring all bank fund needs are accurately communicated.
- Other departments as needed.
- Coordinates purchasing process, in compliance with all regulatory and purchasing guidelines.
- Maintains and updates department recordkeeping of events, promotions and entertainment by maintaining individual project folders, both paper and electronic.
- Maintains security and confidentiality of files, records and lists.
- Supports events, promotions and entertainment assigned to fellow coordinators to help ensure their success.
- Provides outstanding guest service at all times always is a liaison and greeter for production staff, tour manager(s), crew, hotel staff for concerts and other performances produced by Harrah’s Ak-Chin.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for other general and administrative tasks, as assigned by events, promotions and entertainment manager or supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degrees are preferred.
- 1-2 years experience in project management required.
- Must have intermediate to advanced PC skills, including but not limited to use and navigation of Microsoft© Office, web-based applications and other software systems.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must demonstrate skill in public speaking, both on and off a microphone, with charisma, clarity and a professional demeanor.
- Willing and able to demonstrate reading, writing and technical skills as part of application process.
- Undergoes pre-employment screening and selection process.
- Must be able to suggest and promote activities (events, promotions & entertainment) to guests & employees and upsell revenue-generating experiences.
- Must be able to interact effectively and make connections with people of different age groups and demographics.
- Must be able to demonstrate mathematical aptitude towards Arizona approved games of chance, and basic probability and statistics as applicable to comprehension of promotional games of chance, as part of application process, or within six months of hire.
- Must be able to successfully work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to make rational decisions, act quickly & solve problems in a timely manner.
- Meets all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Agrees to sign non-disclosure agreement and pass drug test continent upon job offer.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lift and/or carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Able to correspond via telephone and e-mail in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to respond to visual and auditory cues.
- Able to continuously maneuver including the ability to bend, crouch, kneel, and twist, in both an office setting at a desk, and while in front of or interacting with guests.
- Must have the manual dexterity required to manipulate props, equipment, prizes, etc. with safety as a top priority while interacting with guests.
- Must possess outgoing personality and be able to greet guests in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Must be able to get along well with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must be able to hold and operate a ticket scanning device during the assigned shifts.
- Must be able to move quickly around entire property and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when handling customer needs and concerns while maintaining an upbeat and positive attitude.
- Must be able to work in areas containing second hand smoke.
- Must be able to work in noisy environment.
- Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including but not limited to non-standard shift times, lengths and days off.
- Must be able to work and stand outside, sometimes in heat in excess of 115 degrees.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to push or pull up to 150 pounds.
- Must be able to see and remember the specific details of incidents and persons.
We operate in a 24/7 environment that continuously operates year-round and that is driven by the needs of our customers and guests. The nature of this role requires working a non-traditional schedule in order to successfully execute activities and programs and create a world-class experience for our guests.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments