Events, Promotions & Entertainment Associate- Part Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
Starting at $14.50/hour
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Appears at events, casino parties, concerts and performances at the request of Events, Promotions & Entertainment Supervisor or Manager.
- Greets and assists customers as a company representative.
- Assists guests with questions about the upcoming property events, promotions & entertainment.
- Processes show tickets for all guests, including comp and cash transactions.
- Generates revenue by suggesting, selling and issuing show tickets directly to guests at the Box Office, via telephone or other assigned methods.
- Efficiently makes reservations and issues tickets for off-site ticket vendors.
- Responsible for collecting funds, documentation and other required reporting items when selling/assigning show tickets.
- Effectively presents information and responds to questions from other departments, customers, management team and general public.
- Greets customers and escorts them to their respective seats/tables in the venue, when assigned showroom usher duties.
- Efficiently scans customer show tickets, provides necessary information.
- Issues prizes during events, promotions inclusive of coin, cash, free slot play, reward credits and any other items/vouchers according to all standard operating procedures and compliance requirements.
- Acts in a professional and courteous manner and exhibits a positive, outgoing personality.
- Must be able to meet the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to departmental and company policies.
- Set up and tear down for large events and shows. This includes, but is not limited to, moving and arranging large amounts of chairs, stanchions and signs. Setup may involve carrying chairs up and down elevated risers.
- Unpacks all promotional items to prepare for and execute events. This process includes, but is not limited to, unboxing and moving large quantities of gifts, preparing gifts for distribution, and breaking down empty boxes.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Performs light clerical work to include data entry.
- Performs other duties as assigned by events, promotions and entertainment supervisors or manager.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Prior events and entertainment background preferred.
- Prior customer service experience preferred.
- Willing and able to demonstrate reading, writing and technical skills as part of application process.
- Undergoes pre-employment screening and selection process.
- Must have basic PC skills, including but not limited to use and navigation of Microsoft© Office, web-based applications and other software systems.
- Must have a valid electronic mail address accessible on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to make rational decisions and act quickly.
- Meets all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Agrees to sign non-disclosure agreement and pass drug test continent upon job offer.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lift and/or carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Able to correspond via telephone and e-mail in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to respond to visual and auditory cues.
- Able to continuously maneuver including the ability to bend, crouch, kneel, and twist, in both an office setting at a desk, and while in front of or interacting with guests.
- Must have the manual dexterity required to manipulate props, equipment, prizes, etc. with safety as a top priority while interacting with guests.
- Must possess outgoing personality and be able to greet guests in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Must be able to get along well with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must be able to hold and operate a ticket scanning device during the assigned shifts.
- Must be able to move quickly around entire property and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when handling customer needs and concerns while maintaining an upbeat and positive attitude.
- Must be able to work in areas containing second hand smoke.
- Must be able to work in noisy environment.
- Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including but not limited to non-standard shift times, lengths and days off.
- Must be able to work and stand outside, sometimes in heat in excess of 115 degrees.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to push or pull up to 150 pounds.
- Must be able to see and remember the specific details of incidents and persons.
We operate in a 24/7 environment that continuously operates year-round and that is driven by the needs of our customers and guests. The nature of this role requires working a non-traditional schedule in order to successfully execute activities and programs and create a world-class experience for our guests.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).