Employee Relations Specialist- Full Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Research and gather data to respond to federal, state and local agencies (EEOC, DOL, Unemployment).
- Acts swiftly to address employee concerns; conducts comprehensive investigations and recommends appropriate action based on company policy and procedure and state and federal. employment laws. Follows up with departments to ensure compliance.
- Provides data, analysis and recommendations on employee satisfaction and retention measures.
- Spearhead, champion and monitor employee engagement activities including closed-loop communication processes, exit interviews, EOS/SFS Administration and improvement planning.
- Provide counsel to employees and management; discuss possible actions to be taken to ensure improvement in department and to positively impact turnover.
- Provides counsel to employees and all levels of management on company policies and procedures.
- Organizes and executes departmental climate surveys/focus groups/round tables and provides analysis and appropriate recommendations to management.
- Execute activities for the employee grievance process, including the Board of Review.
- Coordinate semi-annual & annual employee feedback survey including quarterly follow up for the purposes of identifying strengths and opportunities to ensure continuous. improvement. Help departments and supervisors to evaluate and analyze data providing recommendations and support.
- Responsible for planning and execution of employee relations, recognition and engagement activities.
- Responsible for conducting, monitoring and tracking of performance management efforts.
- Conduct training of supervisory skills in all aspects of employee relations, engagement and coaching.
- Responsible for or assist with planning/execution of employee relations & internal. communication (Hotline, Board of Review, HEART Fund, Employee Surveys etc.).
- Administer the employee HEART Fund process.
- Manage budget (s) to support property and corporate engagement initiatives.
- Organize work, inputs data accurately into various systems. Maintain up to date termination, unemployment and Board of Review files.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same. Develops relationships with all levels of employees.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental, and company policies.
- Responsible for creating supply orders and processes check requests. Monitor budget expenses.
- Properly uses, cares for and maintains company equipment, computers, supplies, etc.
- Manages internal and external resources to get work completed.
- Sets priorities and manages multiple tasks and projects.
- Support all functions of Human Resources as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Acts as back up for scheduling, coordinating and conducting core training for employees
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two -three years’ experience in an employee/ engagement / labor relations function is required including: employee engagement, conflict resolution, organizational skills, decision making skills, knowledge of employment law, workplace investigations, analytical skills and training/ facilitation skills or other HR and/or related business experiences required.
- One year supervisor experience preferred.
- College degree ion related field preferred.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Extensive knowledge and/or experience in providing guest service.
- Must have experience responding to governmental agencies, and counseling employees at all levels.
- Must demonstrate ability to make decisions, be objective, and handle difficult employee issues.
- Must possess strong communication (written & verbal) both in one-on-one or group settings.
- Must have excellent active listening, conflict management and negotiation skills.
- Must consult with all levels of the organization and act as a role model.
- Exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgment in a highly confidential and sensitive environment.
- Must be able to coordinate multiple priorities simultaneously and set and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to analyze trends and anticipate issues that affect the work environment.
- Must have knowledge of laws and regulations regarding employment.
- Strong organizational skills, data entry, and clerical skills required.
- Strong ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Must be able to properly manage confidential information.
- Maintain upbeat and positive attitude.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for a wide range of responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate group training and handle difficult participants.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work.
- Must know and be able to use various computer systems. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) required.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to facilitate in a normal administrative environment.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and carry up to 5 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment, including a phone, computers/laptops/tablets, fax machine and photocopier.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).