Dual Rate Poker Supervisor - Full Time
ThePoker Dual Rate Supervisor has two distinct sets of responsibilities thatfluctuate between supervisor and line level depending upon business needs.
· Supervises the assigned Poker room andensures a smooth operation, ensures established policies and procedures arefollowed by the Games Department personnel.
· Deals cards at anassigned table in accordance with established policies and procedures for thegaming entertainment of Harrah's guests.
· Responsible forinterviewing, training, and selecting employees for the department.
· ConductPerformance Reviews in accordance with policies and procedures; providefeedback; coaching and development guidance as needed.
· Responsible forplanning, supervising and monitoring the work of the team members in assignedarea(s).
· Supervises theopening and closing procedures of assigned table games.
· Ensures a smoothdepartment operation in compliance with established policies and procedures.
· Oversees allaction in assigned area; reports any outstanding or irregular play to CasinoOperations Manager.
· Maintains acontinuous inspection of deck(s), ensuring the security of assigned game at alltimes.
· Exchanges guestcurrency for gaming tokens and ensures the safety of all tokens and cashentrusted.
· Assists guests inplaying and ensures adherence to established rules, policies and procedures.
· Review, analyzeand make recommendations with respect to wage increases; promotions; ordemotions as needed.
· Respond to andhandle employee complaints (grievances) in a timely and efficient manner.
· Recommend or takeappropriate action when administering disciplinary processes in accordance withestablished policies and procedures.
· Responsible formonitoring legal compliance with federal, state and gaming laws.
· Schedules andplaces personnel, utilizing the tools and equipment available.
· Settles disputesamicably arising from guest complaints.
· Sets the properexample of hospitality and ensures that a visual impression of friendliness andcourtesy are maintained from all Games personnel in an assigned area.
· Ensures adherenceto all safety policies and procedures and reports any safety hazards toassigned Casino Operations Manager.
· Assists with themonitoring and administration of special promotions and programs.
· Develops newgaming guests through contacts and provides the appropriate services andassistance for these new guests.
· Recommends guestcomplimentary service of room, food and beverage.
· Recommendschanges in the department including: hiring, promotion, demotion, and termination
· Recommends wageand salary changes for assigned personnel within established limits.
· Coordinates with Supervisors and Security todetect and prevent attempts to cheat and to identify floor irregularities to aGames Supervisor, Casino Operations Manager or Assistant Casino OperationsManager.
· Communicates all irregularities, safety hazards, and questions to GamesSupervisor or Casino Operations Manager
· Meets theattendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental andcompany policies
· Acts as a rolemodel to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah'sand encourages others to do the same
· Other duties asassigned
· HighSchool Diploma or GED required
· CollegeDegree Preferred.
· Minimumtwo-year's experience as a Poker Dealer preferred.
The requirements listed arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill theobligations of this position.
- Thorough knowledge of table games relating to their operations, rules, security of company funds, potential exposure of rule changes.
- Extensive knowledge of casino rules, regulations, and Internal Control Procedures as related to Poker.
- Documented ability to comply with regulatory issues; variances, income control, surveillance, and all areas of regulatory procedures.
- Demonstrated high levels of FOCUS service skills on a consistent basis.
- Professional and well-groomed appearance.
- Documented teamwork behaviors and attitudes.
- Documented supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of casino rules, regulations, and Internal Control Procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills (including in volatile situations).
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong gaming device knowledge.
- Knowledge of SDS, CMS, and Total Rewards systems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items.
- Must have sense of urgency and keep up with fast paced business practices.
- Must be able to work calmly and professionally in stressful situations.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
- Excellent vision (including peripheral) is needed for game security.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members ofother recognized Arizona tribes.
This isnot necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties,requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job,management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require thatother or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g.emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technicaldevelopments).