Dual Rate Craps Dealer-Table Games-Full Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
Identified shifts will vary based on business needs
The Table Games Dual Rate Supervisor has two distinct sets of responsibilities that fluctuate between supervisor and line level depending upon business needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises the assigned table games and ensures a smooth operation, ensures established policies and procedures are followed by the Games Department personnel.
- Deals cards at an assigned table in accordance with established policies and procedures for the gaming entertainment of Harrah’s guests.
- Responsible for interviewing, training, and selecting employees for the department.
- Conduct Performance Reviews in accordance with policies and procedures; provide feedback; coaching and development guidance as needed.
- Responsible for planning, supervising and monitoring the work of the team members in assigned area(s).
- Supervises the opening and closing procedures of assigned table games.
- Ensures a smooth department operation in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Oversees all action in assigned area; reports any outstanding or irregular play to Casino Operations Manager.
- Maintains a continuous inspection of deck(s), ensuring the security of assigned game at all times.
- Exchanges guest currency for gaming tokens and ensures the safety of all tokens and cash entrusted.
- Assists guests in playing and ensures adherence to established rules, policies and procedures.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Review, analyze and make recommendations with respect to wage increases; promotions; or demotions as needed.
- Respond to and handle employee complaints (grievances) in a timely and efficient manner.
- Recommend or take appropriate action when administering disciplinary processes in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring legal compliance with federal, state and gaming laws.
- Schedules and places personnel, utilizing the tools and equipment available.
- Settles disputes amicably arising from guest complaints.
- Sets the proper example of hospitality and ensures that a visual impression of friendliness and courtesy are maintained from all Games personnel in an assigned area.
- Ensures adherence to all safety policies and procedures and reports any safety hazards to assigned Casino Operations Manager.
- Assists with the monitoring and administration of special promotions and programs.
- Develops new gaming guests through contacts and provides the appropriate services and assistance for these new guests.
- Recommends guest complimentary service of room, food and beverage.
- Recommends changes in the department including hiring, promotion, demotion, and termination
- Recommends wage and salary changes for assigned personnel within established limits.
- Coordinates with Supervisors and Security to detect and prevent attempts to cheat and to identify floor irregularities to a Table Games Supervisor, Casino Operations Manager or Assistant Casino Operations Manager.
- Communicates all irregularities, safety hazards, and questions to Table Games Supervisor or Casino Operations Manager
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- College Degree Preferred.
- Minimum two-year’s experience as a Table Games Dealer preferred.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Thorough knowledge of table games relating to their operations, rules, security of company funds, potential exposure of rule changes.
- Extensive knowledge of casino rules, regulations, and Internal Control Procedures as related to Table Games.
- Documented ability to comply with regulatory issues; variances, income control, surveillance, and all areas of regulatory procedures.
- Demonstrated high levels of FOCUS service skills on a consistent basis. Professional and well-groomed appearance.
- Documented teamwork behaviors and attitudes.
- Documented supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of casino rules, regulations, and Internal Control Procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills (including in volatile situations).
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong gaming device knowledge.
- Knowledge of SDS, CMS, and Total Rewards systems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items.
- Must have sense of urgency and keep up with fast paced business practices.
- Must be able to work calmly and professionally in stressful situations.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke, high noise levels, bright lights and dust.
- Excellent vision (including peripheral) is needed for game security.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.