Count Room Staff- Full Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
Responsible for executing all Drop Team job functions while adhering to all regulatory compliance and money handling requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Transfers carts to and from the Count Room and sets Bill Validator Boxes in the appropriate slot machines.
- Performs the daily Bill Validator drop process.
- Assists Soft Count with Bill Validator opening and soft count processes.
- Performs minor repairs and maintenance of Count Room equipment.
- Notifies Count Room Supervisor of malfunctioning equipment.
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or GED preferred
· Prior coin room experience (casino or bank) is preferred
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Basic computer knowledge
- Basic mechanical (repair) skills helpful
- Must be flexible and able to work all shifts
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team
- Must present a well-groomed appearance
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver in and around all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and carry up to 75 lbs. of boxes filled with currency or chips.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods (6 to 7 hours) of time.
- Must be able to respond calmly in crisis and stressful situations.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, kneel, twist and grip items as necessary.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes. This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).