COORD ROOM GROUP
Group Room Coordinator will act as the liaison after Salesand prior to the date of arrival for Group Contacts. Priority will be Groups with rooms and assistwith blocking of rooms for our Groups with Hotel rooms and events handled byour Conference Service Manager. It willalso be a priority to maintain an open communication with guests about billing,cut off dates, Credit Card Authorizations and Room reservations.
- Create and maintain group files; build room blocks
- Accurately maintain room inventory from LMS to Delphi and navigate Delphi to retrieve group information when needed; perform routine audits to ensure accuracy of group rooms in LMS and Delphi
- Communicate with group contacts(email, phone and in person), Convention Manager, and Sales Managers as it relates to cut-off dates, inventory concerns, availability, suite assignments, arrival times, VIP's, rooming list, and pick-up reports
- Accurately input all rooming lists and reservations in a timely and efficient manner
- To be familiar with all hotel information necessary to actively promote upgrades, including rate structure, room types and outlet hours of operation.
- To understand LMS functions as it relates to creating specific packages, group billing, special requests, bed types, shares, and inventory controls.
- With the support of the Convention Manager and Finance, will assure billing is set up for group/event. Assures deposits are posted and credit is established. Assures billing is accurate and collected in conjunction with accounting.
- Accurately ensure that all special billing is set up correctly for all group guests, ensure rebates and commissions are accurately submitted
- Be an active member of the Hotel Yield Group; able to articulate group booking patterns; history and provide recommendations for each group, maintain and distribute a weekly pick up report to the yield group
- Produce cut-off reports on a weekly basis.
- Effectively manage inventory which maximizes property interest
- Understand and respond to all group guests needs in a professional and effective manner, works to insure that "special requests" of the guests are properly handled
- Participate in all scheduled pre-arrival group meetings
- Be familiar with the workings of reservations, sales, convention service office and to understand how they interface with group rooms.
- Stays up to date and complies with all hotel policies; assist Hotel Rooms Controller efforts when requested
- Investigate and ensure proper billing for any group no-shows
- Participate in the continued development of the Group Coordinator position
· High SchoolDiploma or GED required
- Minimum of four years in Hotel Front Office with master account settlement experience and LMS proficiency or other hotel reservation system
- Three years Banquet/Catering experience with a minimum one year in a supervisory role
The requirements listed arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill theobligations of this position.
- Literate and fluent in English
· Excellent clerical, communication and guestservice skills
· Flexibility to meet the various schedules of theConvention Center functions' needs
· Computer literate
· Above average organizational skills
· Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities
· Excellent trouble-shooting and problem solvingskills
· Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highestlevel of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by aregulated business
- Must be able to maneuver inside assigned bar area in the casino.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work inside with potential exposure to guests who use tobacco products and continuously maneuver in and around throughout the property.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, twist, kneel, crouch, push, and pull when necessary; sit, walk, stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to handle more than one function at a time by being well-organized and attentive to details.
- Must fully understand standards of position as management may direct.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members ofother recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily anexhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, effortsor working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended tobe an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right torevise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performedwhen circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload,rush jobs or technical developments).