COORD EVENTS, PROMO & ENT
JOB SUMMARY: Coordinates all assigned Harrah's Ak-ChinCasino events and promotions, advances assigned entertainment acts with thedual purpose of providing a positive impact on guest & performerrelationships and increasing profitability.
· Assists in:
- Budgeting of yearlong calendar of promotions, events and entertainment by tracking all project data, including but not limited to response rates, expense documents, invoice submissions.
- Conception and planning of yearlong calendar by tracking and submitting accurate feedback on all events, promotions and entertainment performances.
- Coordinating with Planning and Analysis to generate event, promotion and entertainment PRO and POST formas.
· Is Directly Responsible for:
- Execution of all events, promotions on/off the property.
- Very detailed and thorough planning of all events and promotions.
- Very detailed and thorough advancement of all entertainment acts and performances.
- Preparation, review and submission of all event, promotion, entertainment internal controls including but not limited to promotional rules, Tribal Gaming Agency notifications, requests and other regulations.
- Preparation, accuracy, review and proofing of all events, promotion & entertainment creative and copy including but not limited to creative assignment forms, invitations, e-mails and other marketing assets.
- Use of supplied tools to accurately track the following: finances, guest counts and regulatory approvals.
- Keeping all event & entertainment folders up to date, responsible for submitting all request forms in a timely manner.
- Keeping all event & entertainment checklists up to date and adhering to set timelines.
- Clear and timely coordination of both volunteer and on-call employee labor, as appropriate.
- Providing accurate processing of all applicable prize documentation including but not limited to forms 1099, W2-G, Bank Secrecy Act documentation, Prize Logs, MTL reporting, etc..
- Accurately communicating all project details / plans to the events, promotions and entertainment team according to all departmental processes, regarding guest registration and tracking procedures, including but not limited to offer codes, response rates, promotions & entertainment using compliance and regulatory approved software programs.
· Is expected to communicate with otherdepartments in a detail-oriented and timely manner:
- Finance and Direct Mail departments in support of production of budgets, proformas, and analyses;
- Communications department and Direct Mail for the production of direct mail and collateral for events, promotions and entertainment.
- Purchasing department by suggesting and purchasing (when approved) supplies, gifts, prizes, awards, decor, and equipment from approved vendors.
- Gaming Operations for the execution of tournaments and applicable promotions.
- Corporate Promotions for assisting in setting up offers in applicable promotions software.
- Hotel Management for room blocks associated with events, promotions and entertainment.
- Food, Beverage and Sales for use of banquet and other public space, and for coordination of event setup, equipment, service, and menus, etc.
- IT for technical support in execution of events & entertainment; contingency IT program planning.
- Facilities for environmental, cleaning, and maintenance support.
- Casino Cage for ensuring all bank fund needs are accurately communicated.
- Other departments as needed.
· Coordinates purchasing process, in compliancewith all regulatory and purchasing guidelines.
· Maintains and updates department recordkeepingof events, promotions and entertainment by maintaining individual project folders,both paper and electronic.
· Maintains security and confidentiality of files,records and lists.
· Supports events, promotions and entertainmentassigned to fellow coordinators to help ensure their success.
· Provides outstanding guest service at all timesalways is a liaison and greeter for production staff, tour manager(s), crew,hotel staff for concerts and other performances produced by Harrah's Ak-Chin.
· Responsible for other general and administrativetasks, as assigned by events, promotions and entertainment manager orsupervisor.
- High school diploma or GED required; Associate's or Bachelor's Degrees are preferred.
- 1-2 years experience in project management required.
- Must have intermediate to advanced PC skills, including but not limited to use and navigation of Microsoft© Office, web-based applications and other software systems.
The requirements listed arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill theobligations of this position.
· Must demonstrate skill in public speaking, bothon and off a microphone, with charisma, clarity and a professional demeanor.
· Willing and able to demonstrate reading, writingand technical skills as part of application process.
· Undergoes pre-employment screening andselection process.
· Must be able to suggest and promote activities(events, promotions & entertainment) to guests & employees and upsellrevenue-generating experiences.
· Must be able to interact effectively and makeconnections with people of different age groups and demographics.
· Must be able to demonstrate mathematical aptitudetowards
· Must be able to successfully work on multipleprojects simultaneously.
· Mustbe able to make rational decisions, act quickly & solve problems in atimely manner.
· Meets all relevant regulatory requirements.
· Agrees to sign non-disclosure agreement and passdrug test continent upon job offer.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Able to lift and/or carry objects weighing up to50 pounds.
· Able to correspond via telephone and e-mail in afast-paced environment.
· Able to respond to visual and auditory cues.
· Able to continuously maneuver including theability to bend, crouch, kneel, and twist, in both an office setting at a desk,and while in front of or interacting with guests.
· Must have the manual dexterity required tomanipulate props, equipment, prizes, etc. with safety as a top priority whileinteracting with guests.
· Must possess outgoing personality and be able togreet guests in a courteous and friendly manner.
· Must be able to get along well with co-workersand work as a team.
· Must be able to hold and operate a ticketscanning device during the assigned shifts.
· Must be able to move quickly around entireproperty and stand for long periods of time.
· Must be fluent in English.
· Must be able to work independently with minimalsupervision.
· Must be able to respond calmly and make rationaldecisions when handling customer needs and concerns while maintaining an upbeatand positive attitude.
· Must be able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke.
· Must be able to work in noisy environment.
· Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors.
· Must be ableto work a flexible schedule, including but not limited to non-standard shifttimes, lengths and days off.
· Must be able to work and stand outside,sometimes in heat in excess of 115 degrees.
· Must be able to work independently.
· Must be able to push or pull up to 150pounds.
· Must be able to see and remember the specificdetails of incidents and persons.
We operate in a 24/7 environment thatcontinuously operates year-round and that is driven by the needs of ourcustomers and guests. The nature of thisrole requires working a non-traditional schedule in order to successfullyexecute activities and programs and create a world-class experience for ourguests.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members ofother recognized Arizona tribes.
This isnot necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties,requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job,management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require thatother or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g.emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technicaldevelopments).