Cook II - CCG - Full Time
Cook 2’s are responsible for preparing recipes and food items for service in their respective kitchen.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Responsible for fast and sanitary preparation of all menus items following established recipes and standards.
· Rotating between all cooking stations, each responsible for specific food items and each using particular cooking devices.
· Ensures each order is uniform and consistent.
· Controls food production to include: proper cooking methods, cooking time and temperature, ensuring sanitation, handling and storage of prepared food and leftovers, ensuring all items are correctly dated and labeled.
· Must be proficient in areas of, but not limited to, hot prep, cold prep, salads, desserts, dressings, garnishing, hot and cold sauces, soups, knife-handling skills and ability to produce orders using all basic kitchen equipment.
· Be aware of current and needed par levels of products as to assure maintaining needed product.
· Detailed cleanliness of all stations including all equipment and cooling units.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to work any shift and station in their outlet
- Meets attendance guidelines and adheres to regulatory, departmental and Company policies
- Prepares for a rush period of work without getting behind.
- May be asked to perform the basic job functions as a lead cook for purposes of advancement and development.
- Able to make recommendations for food substitutions and menu adjustment.
- Assists in all kitchen areas and other duties as assigned.
DUTIES IN OUTLETS WHERE A CASHIER IS REQUIRED:
· Operates cash register and properly settles checks
· Greets and rings all customer checks on cash register, takes money from customer and accurately gives change back to the customer
· Accurately maintains balance of cash register and restaurant checks or kiosk sales
· Records all tips collected from credit cards, comps, and room charges
· Must be able to meet or exceed all customer service expectations and behaviors
· Greet all associate and Guests with a smile and positive attitude with friendly helpful tone.
· Maintain Cleanliness of Work area and dining room floor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in high volume, quality establishment, or equivalent technical training in the food industry.
- Culinary school experience preferred
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must have knowledge of kitchen sanitation and operation
- Must be familiar with general maintenance of kitchen equipment
- Must be able to cook using industry and property standard techniques, procedures and equipment.
- Must have a solid skill base in all areas of Pantry and Cook operations.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team member.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must be able to have a sense of urgency and react to changing business demands.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the kitchen
- Must be able to tolerate areas with high or low temperatures.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to push and pull up to 125 pounds in a cart.
- Must possess coordination and dexterity to use kitchen utensils such as knives, spatulas, food tongs, etc.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, crouch, kneel, push and pull
- Must be able to operate the following kitchen equipment: stoves, grills, fryers and other utensils when preparing food orders.
- Must be fast and accurate.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to tolerate chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing kitchen areas.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).