Cook II (Agave's)
Cook 3's areresponsible for preparing recipes and food items for service in all kitchensand Training others to keep and maintain the standards set by the chef. Cook3's are responsible for engaging in events and buzz sessions. Cook 3's areresponsible for setting the standards and ensuring the guest experience is atthe best it can be.
· Responsible for fast and sanitarypreparation of all menus items following established recipes and standards.
· Cook 3's are certified trainers and areresponsible for assisting in the training of all new associates.
· Rotating between all cooking stations, eachresponsible for specific food items and each using particular cooking devices.
· Ensures each order is uniform andconsistent.
· Controls food production to include: proper cooking methods, cooking time andtemperature, ensuring sanitation, handling and storage of prepared food andleftovers, ensuring all items are correctly dated and labeled.
· Ensure all the kitchens time/temperaturelogs are complete and culinary safety practices are followed and completed.
· Must be proficient in areas of, but notlimited to, hot prep, cold prep, salads, desserts, dressings, garnishing, hotand cold sauces, soups, knife-handling skills and ability to produce ordersusing all basic kitchen equipment.
· Be aware of current and needed par levelsof products as to assure maintaining needed product.
* Detailedcleanliness of all stations including all equipment and cooling units
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· High School diploma or GED required
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in highvolume, quality establishment, or equivalent technical training in the foodindustry.
· Culinary school experience preferred
The requirementslisted are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required tofulfill the obligations of this position.
· Completion of, at minimum 10 ea. skillsoft business curriculum courses 120 days of position start date.
· Certified trainer within 90 days ofpositions start date.
· Valid Food Handler's Card
· ServSafe® Food handler certification
· Must have knowledge of kitchen sanitationand operation and be ServSafe® Food handler certified.
· Must be familiar with general maintenanceof kitchen equipment
· Must be able to cook using industry andproperty standard techniques, procedures and equipment.
· Must have a solid skill base in all areasof Pantry and Cook operations.
· Must be able to get along with co-workersand work as a team member.
· Must present a well-groomedappearance.
· Must be able to have a sense of urgencyand react to changing business demands.
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to maneuver to all areas ofthe kitchen
· Must be able to tolerate areas with highor low temperatures.
· Must be able to lift up to 75pounds.
· Must be able to push and pull up to 125pounds in a cart.
· Must possess coordination and dexterityto use kitchen utensils such as knives, spatulas, food tongs, etc.
· Must be able to bend, stoop, reach,crouch, kneel, push and pull
· Must be able to operate the followingkitchen equipment: stoves, grills, fryersand other utensils when preparing food orders.
· Must be fast and accurate.
· Must be able to read, write, speak andunderstand English.
· Must be able to respond to visual andaural cues.
* Mustbe able to tolerate chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing kitchen areas