Cook I (Chop Block & Brew) Part Time
Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino, where we Inspire Grown-ups to Play!
Cooks are responsible for preparing recipes and food items for service in their respective kitchen.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in high volume food service preferred.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
Must have knowledge of kitchen sanitation and operation
Must be familiar with general maintenance of kitchen equipment
Must be able to cook using industry and property standard techniques, procedures and equipment.
Must have a solid skill base in all areas of Pantry and Cook operations.
Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team member.
Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Must be able to have a sense of urgency and react to changing business demands.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the kitchen
- Must be able to tolerate areas with high or low temperatures.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to push and pull up to 125 pounds in a cart.
- Must possess coordination and dexterity to use kitchen utensils such as knives, spatulas, food tongs, etc.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, crouch, kneel, push and pull
- Must be able to operate the following kitchen equipment: stoves, grills, fryers and other utensils when preparing food orders.
- Must be fast and accurate.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to tolerate chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing kitchen areas.