Cook I- EDR Full Time
Cook 1 Persons are responsible for the preparation of individual stations as set by the restaurant chef's standards. You are responsible for prepping, cooking and stocking all items within a given station by following set recipes and cooking practices created for the given outlet. Also maintaining general cleanliness of kitchen i.e. Trash, dishes and general cleaning. Where applicable, Cook 1's may be required to perform cashiering duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Conducts preparation of assigned menu items according to standardized recipes and specifications.
· Chops, dices, and cuts the various meats, cheeses, vegetables and fruits for salad and sandwich preparation using hand knives and electric slicer.
· Combines the various ingredients and plates the entrees, salads, sandwiches, desserts, ice cream, beverages and appetizers for service to the guest and or appropriate wait staff.
· Prepares all given items for a station in accordance with restaurant needs.
· Performs various job duties that will include operation of grill, fryer, and French-top in accordance to the restaurant needs.
· Maintains the required par of food items in their assigned station.
· Ensures ingredient supply levels are accurate.
· Must move items from shelves to carts and transport to assigned stations for restocking purposes.
· Maintains a high level of service while interacting with co-workers and wait staff.
· Observes all safety rules and regulations.
· Makes sure all areas assigned are clean and free of debris.
· Maintains proper food levels at all times to ensure that all guests receive high quality products as defined by company standards.
· Coordinates with the shift leader to ensure proper par levels or the next day's product needs.
· Takes all appropriate actions to ensure quality and to reduce waste as directed by the Executive Chef.
· Maintains proper food rotation procedures at all times for all items.
· Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah's and encourages others to do the same.
· Adheres to regulatory, safety, departmental and company policies.
· Maintains a visible positive attitude at all times and greets everyone with a smile and says their department signature greeting.
· All related s job duties are performed in accordance with departmental and Caesar's policies, practices and procedures as defined by the Executive Chef and the company standards of excellence.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
· Handles and solves any concerns and questions from customers
· Able to accurately and quickly process all Cash/Credit and Comp transactions (where applicable)
· Professional appearance
· Must be a team player
· Cook 1's are responsible for properly labeling of products and rotation of stock items.
· Other duties as assigned
DUTIES IN OUTLETS WHERE A CASHIER IS REQUIRED:
· Operates cash register and properly settles checks
· Greets and rings all customer checks on cash register, takes money from customer and accurately gives change back to the customer
· Accurately maintains balance of cash register and restaurant checks or kiosk sales
· Records all tips collected from credit cards, comps, and room charges
· Must be able to meet or exceed all customer service expectations and behaviors
· Greet all associate and Guests with a smile and positive attitude with friendly helpful tone.
· Maintain Cleanliness of Work area and dining room floor.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or GED preferred
· One-year previous Culinary experience ina high volume food service operation is preferred
The requirementslisted are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required tofulfill the obligations of this position.
· Must have a solid skill base in all areasof culinary prep.
· Must be able to read, write, speak andunderstand Basic English.
· Must have the ability to get along withco-workers and work as a team.
· Must know basic productidentification.
PHYSICAL DEMANDSAND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to have a sense of urgencyand react to changing business demands
· Must have the ability to lift and carrylarge objects weighing up to 40 pounds above or below shoulders
· Must be able to push and pull up to 100pounds on a cart or dolly.
· Must have the ability to follow verbaland written instructions
· Must be able to stand and walk forextended periods of time.
· Must be able to maneuver to all areas ofthe kitchen and food outlets.
· Must possess the dexterity to use knivesand other hand-held instruments, as well as food prep equipment. Auditory range must include immediateenvironment.
· Visual range must include near distance.
· Must be flexible with schedule
· Must be able to work in extreme andchanging temperatures
· Must be able to bend, reach and stoop
· Must be able to tolerate chemicals forcleaning and sanitizing kitchen areas.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community membersand members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
Thisis not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties,requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job,management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require thatother or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g.emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technicaldevelopments).