Cook I- EDR-Full Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conducts assigned duties according to standardized SOPs
- Operates cash register and properly settles checks
- Greets and rings all customer checks on cash register, takes money from customer and accurately gives change back to the customer
- Accurately maintains balance of cash register and restaurant checks or kiosk sales
- Records all tips collected from credit cards, comps, and room charges
- Prepares and cooks food orders for guests, maintaining proper food handling guidelines.
- Must be able to meet or exceed all customer service expectations and behaviors
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental, and company policies in an ethical manner
- Greet all associate and Guests with a smile and positive attitude with friendly helpful tone.
- Maintain Cleanliness of Work area and dining room floor.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Handles and solves any concerns and questions from customers
- Professional appearance
- Must be a team player
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Prior kitchen equipment experience (slicer, mixer, oven, etc.) preferred
- Prior experience as a Cashier, preferably in the hospitality industry
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Able to accurately and quickly process all Cash/Credit and Comp transactions
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
- Must possess the ability to think creatively and implement new ideas
- Read, write, speak, and understand English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace in mentally and physically stressful situations
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks at once and implement strategic vision and plan into day-to-day operations
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of assigned restaurant throughout entire shift.
- Able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke
- Must be able to tolerate areas with high temperatures
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to push and pull up to 100 pounds in a cart
- Must possess coordination and dexterity to use kitchen utensils including but not limited to: knives, spatulas and food tongs
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, crouch, kneel, push and pull
- Must be able to operate kitchen equipment including but not limited to: stoves, grills, fryers, slicers and other utensils
- Must be able to work under extreme temperatures (freezers and grills)
- Must be able to tolerate chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing kitchen areas.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).