Cook I (Copper Cactus Grill)
Cook 1 Persons areresponsible for the preparation of individual stations as set by the restaurantchef's standards. You are responsible for prepping, cooking and stocking allitems within a given station by following set recipes and cooking practicescreated for the given outlet. Also maintaining general cleanliness of kitcheni.e. Trash, dishes and general cleaning. Where applicable, Cook 1's may berequired to perform cashiering duties.
· Conducts preparation of assigned menuitems according to standardized recipes and specifications.
· Chops, dices, and cuts the various meats,cheeses, vegetables and fruits for salad and sandwich preparation using handknives and electric slicer.
· Combines the various ingredients andplates the entrees, salads, sandwiches, desserts, ice cream, beverages andappetizers for service to the guest and or appropriate wait staff.
· Prepares all given items for a station inaccordance with restaurant needs.
· Performs various job duties that willinclude operation of grill, fryer, and French-top in accordance to therestaurant needs.
· Maintains the required par of food itemsin their assigned station.
· Ensures ingredient supply levels areaccurate.
· Must move items from shelves to carts andtransport to assigned stations for restocking purposes.
· Maintains a high level of service whileinteracting with co-workers and wait staff.
· Observes all safety rules andregulations.
* Makessure all areas assigned are clean and free of debris
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or GED preferred
· One-year previous Culinary experience ina high volume food service operation is preferred
The requirementslisted are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required tofulfill the obligations of this position.
· Must have a solid skill base in all areasof culinary prep.
· Must be able to read, write, speak andunderstand Basic English.
· Must have the ability to get along withco-workers and work as a team.
· Must know basic productidentification.
PHYSICAL DEMANDSAND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to have a sense of urgencyand react to changing business demands
· Must have the ability to lift and carrylarge objects weighing up to 40 pounds above or below shoulders
· Must be able to push and pull up to 100pounds on a cart or dolly.
· Must have the ability to follow verbaland written instructions
· Must be able to stand and walk forextended periods of time.
· Must be able to maneuver to all areas ofthe kitchen and food outlets.
· Must possess the dexterity to use knivesand other hand-held instruments, as well as food prep equipment. Auditory range must include immediateenvironment.
· Visual range must include near distance.
· Must be flexible with schedule
· Must be able to work in extreme andchanging temperatures
· Must be able to bend, reach and stoop
* Mustbe able to tolerate chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing kitchen areas