Cook I- Buffet Full Time
Cook 1 Persons areresponsible for the preparation of individual stations as set by the restaurantchef's standards. You are responsible for prepping, cooking and stocking allitems within a given station by following set recipes and cooking practicescreated for the given outlet. Also maintaining general cleanliness of kitcheni.e. Trash, dishes and general cleaning. Where applicable, Cook 1's may berequired to perform cashiering duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Conducts preparation of assigned menuitems according to standardized recipes and specifications.
· Chops, dices, and cuts the various meats,cheeses, vegetables and fruits for salad and sandwich preparation using handknives and electric slicer.
· Combines the various ingredients andplates the entrees, salads, sandwiches, desserts, ice cream, beverages andappetizers for service to the guest and or appropriate wait staff.
· Prepares all given items for a station inaccordance with restaurant needs.
· Performs various job duties that willinclude operation of grill, fryer, and French-top in accordance to therestaurant needs.
· Maintains the required par of food itemsin their assigned station.
· Ensures ingredient supply levels areaccurate.
· Must move items from shelves to carts andtransport to assigned stations for restocking purposes.
· Maintains a high level of service whileinteracting with co-workers and wait staff.
· Observes all safety rules andregulations.
· Makes sure all areas assigned are cleanand free of debris.
· Maintains proper food levels at all timesto ensure that all guests receive high quality products as defined by companystandards.
· Coordinates with the shift leader toensure proper par levels or the next day's product needs.
· Takes all appropriate actions to ensurequality and to reduce waste as directed by the Executive Chef.
· Maintains proper food rotation proceduresat all times for all items.
· Acts as a role model to other employeesand always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah's and encourages others to dothe same.
· Adheres to regulatory, safety,departmental and company policies.
· Maintains a visible positive attitude atall times and greets everyone with a smile and says their department signaturegreeting.
· All related s job duties are performed inaccordance with departmental and Caesar's policies, practices and procedures asdefined by the Executive Chef and the company standards of excellence.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
· Handles and solves any concerns andquestions from customers
· Able to accurately and quickly processall Cash/Credit and Comp transactions (where applicable)
· Professional appearance
· Must be a team player
· Cook 1's are responsible for properly labeling of products and rotationof stock items.
· Other duties as assigned
DUTIES IN OUTLETS WHERE A CASHIER IS REQUIRED:
· Operatescash register and properly settles checks
· Greetsand rings all customer checks on cash register, takes money from customer andaccurately gives change back to the customer
· Accuratelymaintains balance of cash register and restaurant checks or kiosk sales
· Recordsall tips collected from credit cards, comps, and room charges
· Mustbe able to meet or exceed all customer service expectations and behaviors
· Greetall associate and Guests with a smile and positive attitude with friendlyhelpful tone.
· MaintainCleanliness of Work area and dining room floor.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or GED preferred
· One-year previous Culinary experience in a high volume food service operation is preferred
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
· Must have a solid skill base in all areas of culinary prep.
· Must be able to read, write, speak and understand Basic English.
· Must have the ability to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
· Must know basic product identification.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to have a sense of urgency and react to changing business demands
· Must have the ability to lift and carry large objects weighing up to 40 pounds above or below shoulders
· Must be able to push and pull up to 100 pounds on a cart or dolly.
· Must have the ability to follow verbal and written instructions
· Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the kitchen and food outlets.
· Must possess the dexterity to use knives and other hand-held instruments, as well as food prep equipment. Auditory range must include immediate environment.
· Visual range must include near distance.
· Must be flexible with schedule
· Must be able to work in extreme and changing temperatures
· Must be able to bend, reach and stoop
· Must be able to tolerate chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing kitchen areas.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).