Clean and maintain the appearance of the casino's backof house, public areas and rest rooms to properly care for the facility andprovide a fresh, clean environment to guests and employees.
- Vacuum carpetedareas
- Cleans andempties trash cans and ash trays
- Completes deepcleaning projects that preserve the overall appearance and proper maintenanceof walls, doors, floors, machines, furniture, windows, fixtures, and equipment
- Sweep and moptile, brick, concrete, and all other hard surfaces
- Detail cleansgaming equipment/devices from top to bottom
- Detail cleansrestrooms using a low pressure cleaning machine
- May be requestedto perform the duties of a guest room attendant (see GRA job description) in emergency situations
- Operates heavyduty equipment including, but not limited to; Carpet extractors, pressurewashers, auto scrubbers, golf carts , and automatic pool cleaning equipment.
- Shampoo carpetedareas using a carpet extraction machine
- Cleans furniture,machines and chair bases, soiled fabrics, signage, light fixtures, vents andbar mats
- Shampoos gamingtables as assigned
- Strips and waxes VCT floors as assigned
- Operates a hydraulic lift as needed to perform high cleaning tasks
- Removes gum from carpet and other hard surfaces
- Polishes metal stanchions as needed
- Cleans furniture, machines and chair bases.
- Identifies andreports areas of the property requiring attention to maintenance or cleanliness
- Moves, rearranges and cleans furniture
- Delivers items to hotel guestrooms as requested
- May be required to clean up excess water from hotel guest rooms and corridors in emergency situations
- Adhere to regulatory, departmental and company policies/procedures in an ethical manner
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Knowledge of floor machines and cleaning equipment
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals, shampoos, strippers and waxes
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Neat, professional appearance with excellent personal hygiene
- Ability to work independently
- Documented teamwork behaviors and attitudes
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and foster team work.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must be willing to become Lift certified required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodations
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino and surrounding property
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items
- Must be able to push, pull, and carry up to 75 pounds repetitively
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues
- Must be able to work on ladders and lifts
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to operate in mentally and physically stressful situations
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing varying noise and temperature levels, illumination, vibration, crowds, and areas with second hand smoke
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).