Casino Cashier Lead-Full Time
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- First line of authority in absence of supervisor.
- Responsible for shift in regard to customer service, policy and procedures in main bank or cage.
- Responsible for balance of cage or vault during shift.
- Makes appropriate deposits and movement of moneys to/from cage/vault.
- Responsible for paperwork and proper documentation of moneys.
- Operates assigned bank or window according to procedure.
- Ensures proper internal control policies are being followed.
- Ensures excellent guest service and satisfaction, resolving disputes when applicable, and adjusting scheduling needs according to customer flow.
- Responsible for adhering to and ensuring legal compliance with federal, state, and gaming laws with any and all applicable government agencies.
- Oversees money-handling functions and bankroll distribution of other departments, providing assistance where cashiering and credit experiences may be applicable.
- Recommends file documentation to include coaching, work history entries, tardiness/absenteeism and superior performance notations, i.e., WOW Bucks
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental, and company policies.
- Establishes and recommends procedure changes that ensure proper accountability for guests and employees.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
- Prior work experience in a Casino Cashier role is preferred.
- Cashiering knowledge, good math and problem solving abilities required.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Successful completion of the Supervisor Leadership Assessment Program (SuperLAP) is preferred.
- Must have proven self as a good communicator, mediator, and decision-maker.
- Must have excellent guest and human relations skills.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the cashiering stations and vault.
- Must be able to lift up to and carry 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned area.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment, including a 10-key adding machine, PC computers, fax machine and photo copier.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to work in a smoke-filled environment.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).