Casino Cage Supervisor- Casino Cage-Full Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises overall operation of Cashier Department personnel, planning, scheduling, and monitoring the work of the team members.
- Develops sources of qualified applicants, conducts screening interviews, administers tests, evaluates applicant qualifications, and ensures appropriate staffing levels.
- Conduct Performance Reviews in accordance with policies and procedures; provide feedback; counsel, coach, and develop employees as needed to maintain and enhance operations of the department.
- Recommend or take appropriate action when administering disciplinary processes in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Implements, schedules, and coordinates appropriate instructional procedures or methods such as individual training, group instruction, self-study, lectures, demonstrations, simulation exercises, role-play, and computer-based training.
- Supervises and monitors in-house departmental specific training programs monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the programs, materials and training staff.
- Respond to and handle employee complaints (grievances) in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for adhering to and ensuring legal compliance with federal, state, and gaming laws with any and all applicable government agencies.
- Ensures excellent guest service and satisfaction, resolving disputes when applicable, and adjusting scheduling needs according to customer flow.
- Oversees money-handling functions and bankroll distribution of other departments, providing assistance where cashiering and credit experiences may be applicable.
- Demonstrates expertise in all service standards and clearly communicates expectations to team members.
- Rigorously hold all team members accountable for exhibiting all service standards at all times and ensure they know the value that these behaviors create for the guests, employees and Company
- Models a passion for the Company mission, vision and values as well as inspiring team members to do the same.
- Executes the Service Recovery model at a proficient level as well as ensuring all team members are empowered to efficiently utilize the tools of the service recovery model.
- Must be an expert on how customer service is measured and be able to articulate service scores to team members.
- Must be an effective coach and developer of team members by using the leader coaching skills to get, guide and root for employees.
- Works to improve service breakdowns to minimize or prevent impact to our guests and/or employees.
- Creates onboarding training experiences for new hires to set them up for success.
- Creates and update training and development tools
- Motivates the team to work toward peak performance
- Consistently manages employee labor through efficient scheduling and staffing to business volume and demand
- Demonstrates ways of reducing cost when executing on inventories and ordering
- Must think creatively and innovatively to identify cost savings opportunities at all times
- Train department trainers to execute top notch training for new hires
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Keeps departmental records and prepares statistical reports concerning employees, recruitment, interviews, hires, transfers, promotions, and terminations.
- Review, analyze, and make recommendations with respect to wage increases; promotions; or demotions as needed.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental, and company policies.
- Establishes and recommends procedure changes that ensure proper accountability for guests and employees.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Advanced Degree in general business or accounting preferred.
- Experience in financial/credit areas is required.
- Cashiering knowledge, good math and problem solving abilities required.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must attend and pass a property Leadership Panel.
- Must have proven self as a good communicator, mediator, and decision-maker.
- Must have excellent guest and human relations skills.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 31768