Casino Cage Cashier-Casino Cage-Full Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
Provide friendly, efficient, and accurate cashiering services to our customers and employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the operation of assigned bank or window according to procedures and regulations.
- Verifies incoming count for assigned bank or window.
- Counts down bank or window at end of each shift and reconciles to the cage accountability or window impressment.
- Operates coin and currency counting equipment.
- Completes or verifies transfers to and from the vault, cage, slots, poker, table games, cash devices, or other cash handling areas across the casino.
- Transports funds with carts to and from the vault, cage, slots, poker, table games, cash devices, or other cash handling areas across the casino.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental, and company policies.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience in general cash handling is required.
- Cashiering knowledge, good math and problem solving abilities required.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must have excellent guest and human relations skills.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must be able to work any shift as well as fluctuating times and days as needed.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver in closed quarters including all areas of the cashiering stations and vault.
- Must be able to push, pull, lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned area.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment, including a 10-key adding machine, PC computers, fax machine and photo copier.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to respond to visual and auditory cues.
- Must be able to work in a smoke-filled environment.
- Must be able to work any shift on any day
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.