Cashier/Host - Oak & Fork - Full Time
TheHost/Cashier maintains a high energy level, seats guests in the restaurantand/or handles transactions as a cashier,and handles all monies in the cash register. The Host/Cashier ensuressmooth operation of seating flow.
· Proficient in theoperating functions of cash register and micros computers for all food outlets.
· Maintainsexpected service levels, ensures all revenue is accurately handled and internalcontrols during system outages.
· Appropriatelyreserves and manages guest bookings/reservations
· Manages the flowof business and seats the restaurant in rotation regardless of business volume.
· Possess theability to effectively communicate in a clear, professional and friendly mannerwith all guests and employees.
· Accuratelymanages and delivers comps to guests.
· Differentiateguest service and gives priority service to the appropriate tier leveled playerduring cash and seating transactions.
· Works closelywith servers, bussers and management to ensure quality of food, the diningexperience and guest satisfaction.
· Ensures tablesare clear, appropriately set up and presentable for guests to be seated priorto being seated.
· Presents animpressionable persona when greeting guests and during their departure.
· Presentscustomers their menu and informs and up-sells any specials/Chefs features withenticing verbiage.
· Ensures accurateset up for accommodating large groups/parties.
· Receivespertinent information and ensures accuracy of food orders for to-go itemsbefore delivery.
· Engages guests inconversation during seating and/or register transactions.
· Handles andsolves any concerns and questions from guests.
· Acts as a rolemodel to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah'sand encourages others to do the same.
· Adheres toregulatory, departmental and company policies.
· Keeps designatedworking area clean and organized, and assists in maintaining cleanliness ofdining room, including host stand area, assisting buss person and servers asnecessary...
· Other duties asassigned.
· Accuratelyobtains vital information from guests to communicate to management and casinohosts.
· Upholds standardsof dining room ambiance and atmosphere.
· Three monthsprevious experience as a Host/Cashier is preferred
· High Schooldiploma or GED equivalent is preferred
The requirements listed arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill theobligations of this position.
· Must be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner
· Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team
· Must present a well-groomed appearance
· Must have speed and accuracy in order to maintain maximum efficiency
· Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
· Must have a sense of urgency and react to changing business demands
· Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in allsituations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
· Possess theability to professional handle high pressure and difficult situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able tomaneuver to all areas of assigned restaurant throughout entire shift
· Must be able totolerate areas containing secondary smoke
· Must be able towork at a fast pace and in stressful situations
· Must be able torespond to visual and aural cues
· Must be able tostand on feet for prolonged periods of time
· Must be able tomaneuver around in a kitchen setting
· Must be able towork on a computer for long periods of time
· Must be able towork in a noisy environment
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members ofother recognized Arizona tribes.
This isnot necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties,requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job,management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require thatother or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g.emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technicaldevelopments).