Cashier Host- Agave's- Full Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
SHARED ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Proficient in the operating functions of cash register and micros computers for all food outlets.
- Maintains expected service levels, ensures all revenue is accurately handled and internal controls during system outages.
- Possess the ability to effectively communicate in a clear, professional and friendly manner with all guests and employees.
- Accurately manages and delivers comps to guests.
- Differentiate guest service and gives priority service to the appropriate tier leveled player during cash and seating transactions.
- Ensures tables are clear, appropriately set up and presentable for guests to be seated prior to being seated.
- Presents an impressionable persona when greeting guests and during their departure.
- Presents customers their menu and informs and up-sells any specials/Chefs feature with enticing verbiage.
- Receives pertinent information and ensures accuracy of food orders for to-go items before delivery.
- Engages guests in conversation during seating and/or register transactions.
- Handles and solves any concerns and questions from guests.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Keeps designated working area clean and organized and assists in maintaining cleanliness of dining room.
- Records all tips collected from credit cards, comps, and room charges.
- Must move items from shelves to carts and transport to assigned stations for restocking purposes.
- Observes all safety rules and regulations.
- Makes sure all areas assigned are clean and free of debris.
- Always maintains proper food levels to ensure that all guests receive high quality products as defined by company standards.
- Takes all appropriate actions to ensure quality and to reduce waste as directed by the Executive Chef.
- Maintains proper food rotation procedures at all times for all items.
- Maintains a visible positive attitude at all times and greets everyone with a smile and says their department signature greeting.
- All related s job duties are performed in accordance with departmental and Caesar’s policies, practices and procedures as defined by the Executive Chef and the company standards of excellence.
- Able to accurately and quickly process all Cash/Credit and Comp transactions (where applicable)
- Appropriately reserves and manages guest bookings/reservations.
- Manages the flow of business and seats the restaurant in rotation regardless of business volume.
- Works closely with servers, bussers and management to ensure quality of food, the dining experience and guest satisfaction.
- Ensures accurate set up for accommodating large groups/parties.
- Keeps designated working area clean and organized, and assists in maintaining cleanliness of dining room, including host stand area, assisting buss person and servers as necessary...
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accurately obtains vital information from guests to communicate to management and casino hosts.
- Upholds standards of dining room ambiance and atmosphere.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Three months previous experience as a Host/Cashier is preferred
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is preferred
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team
- Must present a well-groomed appearance
- Must have speed and accuracy in order to maintain maximum efficiency
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Must have a sense of urgency and react to changing business demands
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
- Possess the ability to professional handle high pressure and difficult situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of assigned restaurant throughout entire shift
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues
- Must be able to stand on feet for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to maneuver around in a kitchen setting
- Must be able to work on a computer for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in a noisy environment
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 35916