Cage Cashier Supervisor - Full Time
Supervises vault andfront-line cashiering to ensure excellent guest service and gaming compliance.
- Supervises overall operation of Cashier Department personnel, planning, scheduling, and monitoring the work of the team members.
- Develops sources of qualified applicants, conducts screening interviews, administers tests, evaluates applicant qualifications, and ensures appropriate staffing levels.
- Conduct Performance Reviews in accordance with policies and procedures; provide feedback; counsel, coach, and develop employees as needed to maintain and enhance operations of the department.
- Recommend or take appropriate action when administering disciplinary processes in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Implements, schedules, and coordinates appropriate instructional procedures or methods such as individual training, group instruction, self-study, lectures, demonstrations, simulation exercises, role-play, and computer-based training.
- Supervises and monitors in-house departmental specific training programs monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the programs, materials and training staff.
- Respond to and handle employee complaints (grievances) in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for adhering to and ensuring legal compliance with federal, state, and gaming laws with any and all applicable government agencies.
- Ensures excellent guest service and satisfaction, resolving disputes when applicable, and adjusting scheduling needs according to customer flow.
- Oversees money-handling functions and bankroll distribution of other departments, providing assistance where cashiering and credit experiences may be applicable.
- Demonstrates expertise in all service standards and clearly communicates expectations to team members.
- Rigorously hold all team members accountable for exhibiting all service standards at all times and ensure they know the value that these behaviors create for the guests, employees and Company
- Models a passion for the Company mission, vision and values as well as inspiring team members to do the same.
- Executes the Service Recovery model at a proficient level as well as ensuring all team members are empowered to efficiently utilize the tools of the service recovery model.
- Must be an expert on how customer service is measured and be able to articulate service scores to team members.
- Must be an effective coach and developer of team members by using the leader coaching skills to get, guide and root for employees.
- Works to improve service breakdowns to minimize or prevent impact to our guests and/or employees.
- Creates onboarding training experiences for new hires to set them up for success.
- Creates and update training and development tools
- Motivates the team to work toward peak performance
· Consistently manages employee labor throughefficient scheduling and staffing to business volume and demand
- Demonstrates ways of reducing cost when executing on inventories and ordering
- Must think creatively and innovatively to identify cost savings opportunities at all times
- Train department trainers to execute top notch training for new hires
The requirements listed arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill theobligations of this position.
- Must attend and pass a property Leadership Panel.
- Must have proven self as a good communicator, mediator, and decision-maker.
- Must have excellent guest and human relations skills.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the cashiering stations and vault.
- Must be able to lift up to and carry 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned area.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment, including a 10-key adding machine, PC computers, fax machine and photo copier.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to work in a smoke-filled environment.