Busperson (Chop Block & Brew) Part Time
- Remove dirty dishes, soiled linen, glassware and silver from table and countertops, then carries items back to the dishwashing area in an approved manner.
- Refill water glasses and coffee cups as required.
- Possess the ability to effectively communicate in a clear, professional and friendly manner with all guests and employees.
- Works closely with servers, bussers and management to ensure quality of food, the dining experience and guest satisfaction.
- Ensures tables are clear, appropriately set up and presentable for guests to be seated prior to being seated.
- Upholds standards of dining room ambiance and atmosphere.
- Presents an impressionable persona when greeting guests and during their departure.
- Ensures accurate set up for accommodating large groups/parties.
- Engages guests in conversation during seating and/or register transactions.
- Handles and solves any concerns and questions from guests.
- Maintain an adequate level of required supplies at all times.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness in assigned areas at all times.
- Replenish ice in coke machine and bar area, replacing condiments in proper area..
- Reset tables in a prompt and efficient manner, keeping floor area under table clean.
- Work with the servers, as a team, to provide excellent and ongoing service to our guests.
- Act as a role model to other employees and always present oneself as a credit to Harrah's, and encourages others to do the same.
- Meet the attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must possess a pleasant personality. Must be physically strong and able to balance a service tray on shoulder. Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team. Must present a well-groomed appearance. Must be able to demonstrate basic communications skills in English during interactions with guest, co-workers and management staff. Perform all other duties as assigned by the supervisor or department head. Must have a sense of urgency and react to changing business demands.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to maneuver to all areas of assigned restaurant throughout entire shift. Must be able to lift trays and bus tubs with heavy items at shoulder level. Must be able to clean tables in a timely fashion. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and be able to reach across tables. Must be able to push or pull 300 lbs. on a cart or dolly. Must be able to stoop and bend as necessary. Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke. Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations. Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.