Bingo Host- Bingo- Part Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
Responsible for Bingo floor Sales, Cashiering, Prize master, and Caller while providing superior guest service.
Essential Job Functions:
- Upbeat personality for all interactions with guests and fellow employees.
- Proactive in anticipating customer needs by continually searching for hands and customers in need of service.
- Handle customer disputes to ensure that all guests have an enjoyable experience.
- Become familiar with all guests, remembering names and little facts.
- Possesses strong money handling skills in selling paper and paying off winners including providing correct change using mental math.
- Knowledge of documentation required in transactions.
- Possesses a thorough working knowledge of the various Bingo games and equipment.
- Basic knowledge of other services and games offered at this property.
- Knowledge of department policies and procedures including those pertaining to Federal and Regulatory laws and department guidelines.
- Exercises appropriate discretion in identifying situations that require management attention.
- Knowledge of calendar and special promotions and the ability to communicate them to the Bingo guests through one-on-one interactions and announcements.
- Coordinates with Bingo Supervisor and Security to detect and prevent attempts to cheat or damage gaming equipment and to identify floor irregularities to a Bingo Supervisor, Bingo Manager or Casino Manager.
- Acts as a role model and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
- Must be able to work scheduled shifts and positions including providing coverage for staffing and business needs.
- Must be available to work any shift on any day.
Additional Job Duties:
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 1-3 years of customer service experience required
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must possess strong money handling and documentation skills.
- Must have knowledge of casino rules, procedures and regulations pertaining to Bingo Operations.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team across departments and levels of management.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the Bingo Hall.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to push and pull up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items.
- Must be able to walk and be on feet for long periods of time.
- Must have sense of urgency and keep up with fast-paced business practices.
- Must be able to work calmly and professionally in stressful situations.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke, high-noise levels, bright lights and dust.
- Excellent vision (including peripheral) is needed for game security.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to handle large quantities of bingo papers.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.