Beverage Supervisor - OnF
The Beverage Supervisor is responsible for the effective use of all assigned Beverage personnel to achieve maximum operating results, revenue tracking and cost of sales control. This position provides direction to Beverage employees on an assigned shift.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Responsible for interviewing, training, and selecting employees for the department
· Conduct Performance Reviews in accordance with policies and procedures; provide feedback; coaching and development guidance as needed.
· Review, analyze and make recommendations with respect to wage increases; promotions; or demotions as needed.
· Respond to and handle employee complaints (grievances) in a timely and efficient manner.
· Recommend or take appropriate action when administering disciplinary processes in accordance with established policies and procedures.
· Responsible for planning, supervising and monitoring the work of the team members in assigned area(s).
· Insures quality of guest service levels through effective scheduling to attain high standard of service with minimum use of labor hours.
· Supervision of hiring, development plans, appraisal ratings, further training, discipline, promotion, demotion or termination for all hourly employees and shift supervisors on an assigned shift.
· Manages the day-to-day operation of beverage service on assigned shift. Performs assigned input work in compiling annual budgets.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
· Controls cost of product by monitoring par stocks and insuring preparation of drinks within established policies and procedures.
- Controls cost of labor and materials
- Monitors appearance of all facilities and service areas and follows up to ensure cleanliness standards are at the highest level.
- Responsible for monitoring legal compliance with federal, state and gaming laws.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah's and encourages others to do the same.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or GED required
· Some college background preferred
· Two-to-four year previous beverage experience and technical experience in beverage service business required
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
· Successful completion of the Supervisor Leadership Assessment Program (Super-LAP) is required
· Must possess good customer service, employee relations and leadership skills
· Must have good analytical abilities
· Knowledge of all phases of beverage administration, cost control and familiarity of all beverage services is required
· Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must have speed and accuracy in order to maintain maximum efficiency.
- Must have a sense of urgency and react to changing business demands.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino, including all food and beverage service areas
· Must be able to work independently
· Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when handling guest and employee conflict
· Must be able to quickly and accurately perform mathematical computations
· Must be able to conduct conversations with customers and employees and speak distinctly and persuasively with others
· Must have the ability to create written and financial reports
· Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke
· Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations
· Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).