Beverage Server Part Time
TheBeverage Server creates a warm and friendly atmosphere for our guests byproviding fast, friendly and courteous service to customers while taking ordersand serving beverages; picks up empty glasses and returns them to the properassigned area; and assists in the preparation of drink orders as required.
- Takes drink orders, communicates with bartender utilizing the proper calling order, assists in the preparation of drinks and presents drinks to guests.
- Handles money according to departmental procedure.
- Provides personalized service and uses guests' name.
- Resolves service problems according to Service Recovery guidelines.
- Serves as ambassador of goodwill while working and at customer and public relations functions; appears in publicity photos.
- Actively promotes casinoevents and programs
· HighSchool Diploma or GED preferred
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Previous food and beverage service, preferably in the casino industry or up-scale setting is preferred.
The requirements listed arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill theobligations of this position.
- Must possess vast knowledge of food and beverages, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, to include beer, wine and liquor.
- Must be able to multi-task and work successfully with little to no supervision.
- Must be able to initiate conversation in a professional, friendly and respectful manner.
- Must present a professional appearance that guests will find approachable.
- Must have basic math skills to properly charge and credit various items.
- Must know or have the ability to learn all casino and hotel services and facilities, special events and player events, and local attractions.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodation
- Able to respond to visual and auditory cues
- Able to bend, stoop, and twist when serving cocktails, standing and walking for periods up to 8 hour shifts
- Able to work in areas containing secondhand smoke, high noise levels and bright lights
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. (bus tubs with used glassware)
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues