Service Bartender - Buffet
The Service Bartender is responsible for providing friendly and excellent service to our internal guests. The Service Bartender prepares drinks and bottle service for our internal guests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Greets and welcomes all internal guests in a pleasant and professional manner, interacting in an upbeat and positive manner.
· Provides fast, efficient, courteous and professional service to servers, preparing drinks according to prescribed recipes, and preparing bottle presentation.
· Keeps informed of new promotional beverage programs. Adheres to all posted department memos.
· Provides property information on current events, promotions and attractions to customers.
· Monitors guest consumption of alcohol and intervenes as needed according to guidelines (CARE).
· Checks for ID's according to Caesars policy.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
· Ensures the Service bar is stocked with all supplies and liquor.
· Maintains assigned station in a clean and sanitary condition in accordance with department service standards and job functions.
· Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
· Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah's and encourages others to do the same.
· Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 2 years of experience required
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
· Fluent and literate in English
· Ability to accurately handle cash
· Excellent communication skills
· Good math skills
· Must be 19 years of age.
· Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver inside assigned bar area in the casino.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to use hand motions when preparing and pouring all types of drinks for customers and servers.
- Must be able to use hand motion when cleaning and wiping bar areas.
- Must be able to bend, pull, and carry bar stock to and from refrigerators and cabinets.
- Must be able to reach across the width of the bar to serve guests.
- Must be able to complete required paperwork for cash transactions.
- Must be able to operate the following equipment including, but not limited to: cash register, juice guns, cutting boards, liquor guns, soda guns, ice machines, shot glasses, mixers, pour equipment, knives, coffee machines, frozen drink machines, ice tea machines and other necessary equipment.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing loud noise.
- Must be able to tolerate working outside in very hot temperatures including but not limited to working the pool area.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).