Bartender - On Call
Responsible for providingfriendly, excellent service to every customer who approaches the bar. Also responsible for preparing and pouringdrinks for customers and cocktail servers.
- Serves alcoholic beverages within department and state liquor law guidelines.
- Prepares ordered drinks with proper portions and ingredients in accordance to company policies.
- Operates a cash register, ringing the proper amount into the register and giving the guest or server the correct change following all company policies.
- Maintains a respectful control over guests at all times.
- Monitors guests' consumption of alcoholic beverages and intervenes as necessary following C.A.R.E. guidelines.
- Maintains a clean, organized and fully stocked area in accordance to company policies.
- Resourceful with beverages, fruit and supplies in order to maintain low beverage costs.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah's and encourages others to do the same.
- Other duties as assigned.
· HighSchool Diploma or GED preferred
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Bartending certification preferred.
The requirements listed arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill theobligations of this position.
- Knowledge of operating cash register and bar equipment is required.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must have speed and accuracy in order to maintain maximum efficiency.
- Must have a sense of urgency and react to changing business demands.
- Must be flexible with schedule based on business demands and coverage including but not limited to working swing shift hours or grave shift hours.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver inside assigned bar area in the casino.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to use hand motions when preparing and pouring all types of drinks for customers and servers.
- Must be able to use hand motion when cleaning and wiping bar areas.
- Must be able to bend, pull, and carry bar stock to and from refrigerators and cabinets.
- Must be able to reach across the width of the bar to serve guests.
- Must be able to complete required paperwork for cash transactions.
- Must be able to operate the following equipment including, but not limited to: cash register, juice guns, cutting boards, liquor guns, soda guns, ice machines, shot glasses, mixers, pour equipment, knives, coffee machines, frozen drink machines, ice tea machines and other necessary equipment.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing loud noise.
- Must be able to tolerate working outside in very hot temperatures including but not limited to working the pool area.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members ofother recognized Arizona tribes.
This isnot necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties,requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job,management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require thatother or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g.emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technicaldevelopments).