Bar Helper - Part Time
- Requisitions supplies, liquor, fruit, equipment and glassware from supervisor on a daily basis. Cuts fruit and fills ice bins as needed during shift.
- Runs all glassware through glass-tender machines, or in the event of equipment breakdown, washes all glassware by hand.
- Removes all trash from bars.
- Keeps counter tops and stainless areas wiped down, and bus guest tables as needed.
- Checks and replaces empty beer kegs and soda boxes.
- Empties and cleans all ash trays.
- Works on assigned tasks by Beverage Supervisor.
- May pour tap beer under bartender's supervision.
- May mix cocktails after the Pour Test Certification is successfully completed.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah's and encourages others to do the same.
- Other duties as assigned.
HighSchool Diploma or GED preferred
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Previous experience as a Bar Helper preferred.
The requirements listed arerepresentative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill theobligations of this position.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must have speed and accuracy in order to maintain maximum efficiency.
- Knowledge of operating bar equipment is helpful.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver inside assigned bar area.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and be able to pull or push up to 300 lbs. on a cart or dolly.
- Must be able to bend, pull and carry bar stock to and from refrigerators and cabinets.
- Must be able to operate following equipment including, but not limited to: cash register, soda guns, cutting boards, knives, ice machines, coffee machines, glass washers, frozen drink machines and other necessary equipment.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing second-hand smoke.
- Must be able to work able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing loud noise.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members ofother recognized Arizona tribes.
This isnot necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties,requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job,management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require thatother or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g.emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technicaldevelopments).