Banquets Supervisor- Banquets-Full Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must be able to find and select the right candidates for hire, train, motivate, discipline, direct and supervise the work of the employees in the Banquet Service areas.
- Supervises the Banquet staff to ensure that meeting/function room set-ups are according to the Banquet Event Order (BEO).
- The Banquet Supervisor must ensure that, Set-up staff and Banquet Captains/Servers are following set-up and service requirements for meetings and catered functions as specified on the Banquet Event Orders.
- Must have an analytical eye to be able to schedule Banquet staff, maximizing guest service and controlling labor costs; as well as to direct Banquets staff to ensure they are aware of their responsibilities and that they carry out their duties and assignments in the correct manner.
- Supports the Banquet Captains to conduct daily buzz sessions as well as, formal/informal Banquet meetings prior to catering functions in order to advise servers on the order and method of service and answer questions.
- Supervises or delegates all catered functions and personally runs those that require VIP treatment.
- Responsible for the periodic performance appraisals and reviews of assigned personnel.
- Organizes and orchestrates any last minute changes or details to functions.
- The Banquet Supervisor must be able to direct the Banquet Captains to maintain the established policies and procedures to ensure accurate and timely handling of Banquet Checks; works closely with the Banquet Captains to ensure compliance with all established procedures.
- The Banquet Supervisor must also be highly proficient on Excel to make sure labor hours and gratuity distribution are done in a timely, accurate and consistent manner at the end of the bi-weekly pay periods.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Five years minimum of Banquet Experience and minimum of two years Banquet Supervisor experience is strongly preferred
- College Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management, or Equivalent technical training/experience in the food industry and beverage field a plus
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Driving Customer Satisfaction
- Consistently review/measures customer service through customer contact and surveys. Continue to drive high customer satisfaction through constant monitoring of product and service to ensure that customer expectations are being met or exceeded. Manage customer relationships on daily basis during execution of event.
- Manage and Drive Employee Satisfaction
- Drive employee satisfaction through open communication to entire team to be sure that all employees are working toward common goals and team members understand how their rolls impact the entire team. Ensures that continuous development, training, and coaching practices are occurring. Serves as a dynamic, positive leader while fostering teamwork, employee morale and motivation.
- Organize and Keep Service Areas Cleaned and Presentable
- Must be able to manage all Back of House areas to keep cleaned, organized and up to Fire Code and Health Department Standards. All of this to ensure we can maximize our storage space and reduce time looking for Banquet Equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in a high volume, fast paced environment that is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Must interface well with co-workers and management.
- Must be willing to work long hours, weekends, holidays and work a flexible schedule.
- Must be able to maneuver in all areas of the function space, including all kitchen and service areas.
- Must be able to lift, carry or move up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English and be able to conduct conversations with peers in a distinctive and persuasive manner.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).