In coordination with the Food Ops Manager and CSM, responsible for the daily Banquet management coverage for Harrah's AKC convention center, business meeting rooms and social internal events in all operational issues, questions, concerns, etc. The Banquet Supervisor oversees the day-to-day operations of all Banquet related functions while ensuring the highest quality service possible as well as, maintaining control of labor cost. Banquet supervisor will assist in managing all Banquet personnel, this position is responsible for the overall success fo the banquet business encompassing Banquet Captains, Banquet Servers, Banquet Lead Set up and Banquet Set up personals.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Weekly BEO meetings
- Scheduling of Banquet Staff
- Payroll/Tip reports
- Stratton Warren ordering (to keep up pars and for Daily Operations when no Captain on duty)
- With the assistance of Banquet Captains, accurately prepare and post banquet checks for daily functions
- Annual reviews for BQT Captains, Lead Set up, Set up staff and BQT servers
- Makes sure all Back of House areas are cleaned, organized and up to Fire Code and Health Department Standards
- Drive employee satisfaction through open communication to entire team to be sure that all employees are working toward common goals and team members understand how their roles impact the entire team. Ensures that continuous development, training, and coaching practices are occurring. Servers a dynamic, positive leader while fostering teamwork, employee morale and motivation.
- Consistently review/measures customer service through customer contact and surveys. Continue to drive high customer satisfaction through constant monitoring of product and service to ensure that customer expectations are being met or exceeded. Manage customer relationships on a daily basis during execution of event.
- Support the BQT Mgr to hire, train, motivate, discipline, direct and supervises the work of employees in BQT Service areas
- With the support of BQT captain, supervises the BQT staff to ensure that meeting/function room set-ups are according to the event order.
- Post HotSos when no Captains on duty.
- Ensures that Set-up staff and Banquet Captains/Servers are following set-up and service requirements for meetings and catered functions as specified on the banquet event orders.
- Supports the BQT Captain to conduct daily buzz sessions as well as formal/informal BQT meetings prior to catering functions in order to advise servers on the order and method of service and answer questions.
- Supervises or delegates all catered functions and personally runs those that require VIP treatment.
- Organizes and orchestrates any last minute changes or details to functions.
- In conjunction with the BQT captain, maintains established policies and procedures to ensure accurate and timely handling of BQT checks, works closely with Mangers to ensure compliant with all established procedures.
- All other duties as assigned
Must be a graduate of post high school two year Culinary Arts School or equivalent technical training in food and beverage field substituted on a year-to-year basis. Successful completion of the Supervisor Leadership Assessment Program (SuperLAP) is required. Four years restaurant industry work, including two years supervision is preferred. Two-years minimum supervision in running convention center operations or banquets style operations.
Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English. Must present a well-groomed appearance. In addition, it is recommended that all internal candidates complete the Exploring Supervisor Opportunities (ESO) readiness activities. Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business.