Banquet Setup Person is responsible for accurate set-up and tear-down of all meeting and catered functions.
- Accurately sets up for all meeting and catered functions according to BEO specifications, including tables, chairs, and audio visual equipment.
- Tears down meetings and catered functions.
- Moves and stores all furniture and equipment needed for setting up and tearing down banquet functions.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of functions listed on BEOs.
- Ensures that meeting rooms and pre-function area are cleaned on a daily basis.
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies and guidelines.
- Assists in execution of banquet operations before, during and after an event
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- 1-3 years of banquet, food or event setup preferred
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be able to read and understand written and verbal instruction.
- Must be self -motivated
- Must demonstrate pride in work and able to work with minimal or no supervision.
- Must be able to communicate with guests to meet their immediate needs.
- Must be able to maintain composure under all situations.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand English.
- Must have great organizational and planning skills
- Must present a well groomed appearance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have mobility to arrange banquet room walls, tables, chairs, and manuever about the banquet rooms quickly and easily.
- Must possess manual dexterity.
- Must have the ability to walk or be on feet for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift and carry 100 pounds including but not limited to large oval serving trays containing food and beverage, banquet tables and banquet chairs.
- Must be able to (push and pull ½ ton)
- Must be able to reach, bend, kneel and stoop
- Must possess visual acuity
- Visual field to include near and far distances.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing loud noise.
- Must be able to maneuver around a kitchen setting and all banquet areas