Banquet Setup- On Call
Banquet Setup Person is responsible for accurate set-up and tear down of all meeting and catered functions.
- Accurately sets up for all meeting and catered functions according to BEO specifications, including tables, chairs and audio visual equipment.
- Tears down meetings and catered functions.
- Moves and stores all furniture and equipment needed for setting up and tearing down banquet functions.
- Ensures that all required items are in place prior to each function.
- Maintains and inventories all supplies and equipment in the banquet storage room.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of functions listed on BEOs.
- Maintains a good rapport and professional relationship in all dealings with other departments.
- Reports any equipment repair requirements or safety concerns to Manager/Restaurant Supervisor.
- Ensures that meeting rooms and pre-function area are cleaned on a daily basis.
- Meets attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies and guidelines.
- Able to serve when necessary.
- Able to lift large oval serving trays to assist in running food when necessary.
- Assist in the helping maintain banquet operations before, during and after an event.
Must demonstrate ability in handling details.
Must be able to read and understand written and verbal instruction.
Must be self motivated, demonstrate pride in work and able to work with minimal or no supervision.
Must be able to communicate with guests to meet their immediate needs.
Ability to maintain composure under all situations.
Ability to work independently and as a team member.
Must be able to read, write, and understand English.
Ability to organize and plan.
Must present a well groomed appearance.
Mobility to arrange banquet room walls, tables, chairs, and move about the banquet rooms quickly and easily. Manual dexterity. Ability to walk, lift carry 100 pounds, push/pull ½ ton, reach and differentiate colors. Visual field to include near and far distances.