Audio Visual Technician- On Call (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
Performs maintenance, repair and technical work of any stage sets, meeting spaces and conventions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in the safety, proper maintenance, repair and technical work of any stage sets, meeting spaces and conventions.
- Assists in necessary, the collected effort of any technical work needed for stage/meeting space set-up and breakdown.
- Ensures proper lighting for stage and conventions.
- Lighting reinforcement of all stage presentation or convention or special projects.
- Operates motorized vehicles, i.e. hydraulic and electrically powered hi-reach (man lift) and hand tools.
- Promotes Harrah’s and acts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Exhibits a positive outgoing personality.
- Acts a role model and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Sets up and maintains the sound and lighting systems in entertainment areas.
- Operates the sound and light systems for assigned shows and events.
- Assists in setup and strike of band equipment for different acts in entertainment venues
- Handles all tech requests from set up.
- Handles all department set up needs from setting up/tearing down staging to putting up banners for events
Additional Job Duties:
- Must act with integrity at all times
- Must follow policy and procedure as well as state and federal guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Three years experience in setup of sound, lighting and audio/visual systems required
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be flexible in a demanding environment.
- Must maintain a good attitude at all times.
- Must be open minded and willing to work and learn from a variety of other team members.
- Must be able to work in an environment ranging from controlled to moderately severe.
- Must be able to climb, stand, bend, and stoop.
- Must be able to work in cramped areas for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
Same Posting Description for Internal and External Candidates