Apprentice cooks are responsible for learning and executingthe preparation of individual stations as set by the restaurant chef'sstandards. You are responsible for prepping, cooking and stocking all itemswithin a given station by following set recipes and cooking practices createdfor the given outlet. Also maintaining general cleanliness of kitchen i.e.Trash, dishes and general cleaning
· Assistsin preparation of assigned menu items according to standardized recipes andspecifications.
· Chops,dices, and cuts the various meats, cheeses, vegetables and fruits for salad andsandwich preparation using hand knives and electric slicer.
· Assistin combining the various ingredients and plates the entrees, salads,sandwiches, desserts, ice cream, beverages and appetizers for service to the guestand or appropriate wait staff.
· Preparesall given items for a station in accordance with restaurant needs.
· Learnsand performs various job duties that will include operation of grill, fryer,and French-top in accordance to the restaurant needs.
· Maintainsthe required par of food items in their assigned station.
· Ensuresingredient supply levels are accurate.
* Must move items fromshelves to carts and transport to assigned stations for restocking purposes
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Some previous Culinary experience in a food service operation is preferred
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge,skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must have a desire to learn the solid skill base in all areas of culinary prep.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand Basic English.
- Must have the ability to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must know basic product identification.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative ofthose that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentialfunctions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.
- Must be able to have a sense of urgency and react to changing business demands
- Must have the ability to lift and carry large objects weighing up to 40 pounds above or below shoulders
- Must be able to push and pull up to 100 pounds on a cart or dolly.
- Must have the ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the kitchen and food outlets.
- Must possess the dexterity to use knives and other hand-held instruments, as well as food prep equipment. Auditory range must include immediate environment.
- Visual range must include near distance.
- Must be flexible with schedule
- Must be able to work in extreme and changing temperatures
- Must be able to bend, reach and stoop
- Must be able totolerate chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing kitchen areas