Apprentice cooks are responsible for learning and executingthe preparation of individual stations as set by the restaurant chef'sstandards. You are responsible for prepping, cooking and stocking all itemswithin a given station by following set recipes and cooking practices createdfor the given outlet. Also maintaining general cleanliness of kitchen i.e.Trash, dishes and general cleaning
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Assistsin preparation of assigned menu items according to standardized recipes andspecifications.
· Chops,dices, and cuts the various meats, cheeses, vegetables and fruits for salad andsandwich preparation using hand knives and electric slicer.
· Assistin combining the various ingredients and plates the entrees, salads,sandwiches, desserts, ice cream, beverages and appetizers for service to the guestand or appropriate wait staff.
· Preparesall given items for a station in accordance with restaurant needs.
· Learnsand performs various job duties that will include operation of grill, fryer,and French-top in accordance to the restaurant needs.
· Maintainsthe required par of food items in their assigned station.
· Ensuresingredient supply levels are accurate.
· Mustmove items from shelves to carts and transport to assigned stations forrestocking purposes.
· Maintainsa high level of service while interacting with co-workers and wait staff.
· Observesall safety rules and regulations.
· Makessure all areas assigned are clean and free of debris.
· Maintainsproper food levels at all times to ensure that all guests receive high qualityproducts as defined by company standards.
· Coordinateswith the station leader to ensure proper par levels or the next day's productneeds.
· Takesall appropriate actions to ensure quality and to reduce waste as directed bythe Executive Chef.
· Maintainsproper food rotation procedures at all times for all items.
· Actsas a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit toHarrah's and encourages others to do the same.
· Adheresto regulatory, safety, departmental and company policies.
· Maintainsa visible positive attitude at all times and greets everyone with a smile andsays their department signature greeting.
· Allrelated s job duties are performed in accordance with departmental and Caesar'spolicies, practices and procedures as defined by the Executive Chef and thecompany standards of excellence.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
· Assistthe culinary cooks with any concerns and questions from customers
· Mustbe a team player
· Apprentice cooks are responsible for properly labeling of products androtation of stock items.
· Otherduties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Some previous Culinary experience in a food service operation is preferred
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge,skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must have a desire to learn the solid skill base in all areas of culinary prep.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand Basic English.
- Must have the ability to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must know basic product identification.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative ofthose that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentialfunctions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.
- Must be able to have a sense of urgency and react to changing business demands
- Must have the ability to lift and carry large objects weighing up to 40 pounds above or below shoulders
- Must be able to push and pull up to 100 pounds on a cart or dolly.
- Must have the ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the kitchen and food outlets.
- Must possess the dexterity to use knives and other hand-held instruments, as well as food prep equipment. Auditory range must include immediate environment.
- Visual range must include near distance.
- Must be flexible with schedule
- Must be able to work in extreme and changing temperatures
- Must be able to bend, reach and stoop
- Must be able to tolerate chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing kitchen areas.
Preference is givento Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustivelist of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or workingconditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accuratereflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise thecurrent job or to require that other or different tasks be performed whencircumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rushjobs or technical developments).