Advertising and Database Marketing Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures the growth of gaming revenues through flawless execution of all the functions performed in the Database Marketing & Advertising department.
- Responsible for all aspects of the database and database marketing programs, strategic planning, reporting and analysis.
- Responsible for the successful strategy design, implementation and coordination of the Caesars Entertainment proprietary database marketing strategy for Harrah’s Ak-Chin Casino.
- Responsible for the timely production and design of all direct mail and email communications.
- Responsible for all offer creation, audience selections, customer segmentation and list generation.
- Property Secured Data User, accountable for the security and trafficking of all restricted lists and reports.
- Responsible for improvement, addition or deletion of efforts based on trends, response rates, profitability, competitive market conditions, and overall property direction.
- Responsible for the development, management and implementation of advertising strategy including, but not limited to, creative development, creative production, workflow, media planning, Internet channel marketing, digital marketing and social media marketing.
- Responsible for organizing and executing all off-premise marketing sponsorships and events.
- Interfaces with other department managers to manage activities that require advertising, as well as tracking results of all direct response-advertising programs.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assist in implementing and monitoring guest comping programs. Must make sound comping decisions.
- Provides all acquired data and statistics to the Director of Marketing for the comprehensive monthly status meetings.
- Acts as the property Database Marketing Account Manager.
- Provides analyses (pre and post program) of individual direct marketing efforts utilizing company and ad hoc reports run via the various company specific database programs.
- Assists the Events/Promotions, Casino Marketing/VIP and Total Rewards departments in the planning and successful execution of property special events, programs and promotions.
- Assists the Casino Marketing and VIP team to create programs and promotions to generate.
- Responsible for understanding and maintaining clean and consistent patron information between property CMS, EMS, SDS, LMS, WINet and OCRM Systems.
- Responsible for developing proper integration and utilization of all casino related information systems.
- Steward of the Harrah’s brand managing usage, brand standards, and development of strategic marketing plans to enhance the brand.
- Supports other department initiatives through internal and external communications such as on-property signage needs or external media alerts.
- Supports internal communications through in the know card and on hold message.
- Maintains and submits required records and reports.
- Maintains the confidential nature of matters pertaining to company records.
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
- Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to Harrah’s and encourages others to do the same.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Secondary Degree preferably or a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in direct marketing, marketing communication and/or statistics required.
- Working knowledge of casino/hotel business preferred along with experience in relational database management systems.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Successful completion of the Manager Leadership Assessment Program (Manager-LAP) is required
- Must be highly computer proficient with thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, CIM and Cognos software.
- Experience in the production and development of collateral and direct mail material essential.
- Must possess ability to take initiative, be detail-oriented and self-motivated; have strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance.
- Must have speed and accuracy in order to maintain maximum efficiency.
- Must have a sense of urgency and react to changing business demands.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifts and/or carries objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Able to correspond via telephone and computer e-mail in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to respond to visual and auditory cues.
- Able to continuously maneuver including the ability to bend, crouch, kneel, and twist, in both an office setting at a desk, and while in front of or interacting with guests.
- Must have the manual dexterity required to manipulate props, equipment, prizes, etc. with safety as a top priority while interacting with guests.
- Must be able to move quickly around entire property and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions when handling customer needs and concerns.
- Must be able to work in areas containing second hand smoke.
- Must be able to work in noisy environment.
- Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including but not limited to non-standard shift times, lengths and days off.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).