Accounting Clerk- Full Time
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Data entry, filing, scanning and other clerical duties as needed.
· Performs daily accounting and financial functions which include entering data, calculating and summarizing numbers, and reviewing documents for proper completion.
· Assigned cross-departmental work as needed, including accounts payable, inventory control, payroll and general ledger.
· Analyze and solve problems, including AP related issues. Also research of vendor payments and preparation of the AP accrual.
· Interacts with purchasing and receiving departments to process invoices for payment.
· Assist with monthly inventories including the warehouse, marketing, cage, retail and beverage outlets.
· Inputs payroll data provided by payroll staff such as employee information, pay rates, department and job codes.
· Keys journal entries.
· Performs balance sheet reconciliations timely and researches all variances.
· Generates various accounting reports.
· Investigates any discrepancies identified while performing the above functions.
· Other duties as required by department.
· Adhere to regulatory, departmental, and company policies in an ethical manner.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or GED required
· Bookkeeping or accounting classes preferred
· One to two years previous experience in accounting field preferred
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business.
- Numerical and statistical aptitude.
- Typing, adding machine and calculator skills a must.
- Microsoft office literate; emphasis in Excel.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
· Must be able to continuously maneuver around office, effectively work at a desk and respond to written and aural cues.
· Must have the manual dexterity to operate the computer and other necessary office equipment.
· Must be able to respond calmly to demands of internal customers and work in pressure situations.
· Must be able to work independently.
· Must be self-motivated and able to handle more than one function at a time by being well organized.
· Must be able read, write, speak and understand English.