Accounting Clerk-Finance-Part Time (Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino)
Identified shifts will vary based on business
Starting pay for this role is $15.00 per hour
Performs daily accounting and financial functions, which include entering data into computer; recording; calculating and summarizing numbers; reviewing documents for proper completion. Responsibilities may include Payroll, Accounts Payable, Inventory Control, or General Ledger support.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Data entry, filing, scanning and other clerical duties as needed.
- Performs daily accounting and financial functions which include entering data, calculating and summarizing numbers, and reviewing documents for proper completion.
- Assigned cross-departmental work as needed, including accounts payable, inventory control, payroll and general ledger.
- Analyze and solve problems, including AP related issues. Also research of vendor payments and preparation of the AP accrual.
- Interacts with purchasing and receiving departments to process invoices for payment.
- Assist with monthly inventories including the warehouse, marketing, cage, retail and beverage outlets.
- Inputs payroll data provided by payroll staff such as employee information, pay rates, department and job codes.
- Keys journal entries.
- Performs balance sheet reconciliations timely and researches all variances.
- Generates various accounting reports.
- Investigates any discrepancies identified while performing the above functions.
- Other duties as required by department.
- Adhere to regulatory, departmental, and company policies in an ethical manner.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bookkeeping or accounting classes preferred
- One to two years previous experience in accounting field preferred
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must be able to observe safety guidelines and energy conservation guidelines. Must have proven customer service skills and be able to keep records in English and maintain mathematics records.
- Must have minimal computer skills.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a well-groomed appearance
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
- Communicate in a positive and friendly manner.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be willing to assist in keeping the casino clean.
- Must be willing to approach and converse with strangers.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items.
- Must be able to walk and be on feet for long periods of time.
- Must have sense of urgency and keep up with fast-paced business practices.
- Must be able to work calmly and professionally in stressful situations.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke, high-noise levels, bright lights and dust.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.