JOB SUMMARY: Assists Planning and Analysis department with preparation of property plans, budgets, and a variety of ad-hoc financial analysis and performs other administrative duties as needed.
- Preparation and analysis of property budgets including capital, strategic and operational plans.
- Maintains files & assists in analysis of statistical, financial and economic data.
- Reports on business conditions and identifies trends in the gaming and recreation industries.
- Prepares operating and marketing reviews for operation's management.
- Prepares forecasting models and reports specifying results.
- Prepares established/recurring analysis to quantify the impact of casino activities.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of assigned analysis.
- Be a participative member of the team by volunteering and being involved in projects, committees, and task forces by providing input and suggestions.
- Contribute to the improvement of the business with ideas.
- Facilitates change efforts within the department and the casino.
- Works with other departments for the overall good of the casino.
- Derive implications from data, distill data, and create visually pleasing presentations.
- Adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies in an ethical manner.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
- Must be proficient in Excel with ability to train quickly in other software programs.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Excellent math, critical thinking, statistical, financial, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently, be detailed and results oriented, have excellent time management skills, and able to work collaboratively with others.
- Must have good understanding of the general makeup of financial statements; familiarity with general financial principles.
- Be proactive with incidents and issues ensuring resolution with employees.
- Must have the ability to communicate complex ideas to co-workers and internal clients; strong writing and communication skills
- Must be able to manage numerous projects simultaneously at various stages of development
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver around all areas of the casino
- Must be able to work on the computer for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work in an office environment
- Must be able to work in an environment that may contain second hand smoke
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to use standard office equipment including but not limited to: computer, keyboard, mouse, copy machine, printer and facsimile.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, pull and push up to 40 pounds